Dairy Farmers of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Summer Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Medina, OH).

Interview

Heard back from HR very quickly and first had a phone interview with HR manager, and then had in person interview with hiring manager. The process took more than one month and they did not respond to questions through email.

Interview Questions

• Proficiency in using Excel and what kind of excel functions you like to use?   Answer Question

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Fargo, ND) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite comfortable. The Interviewer was extremely knowledgeable and able to answer all of my questions on the spot. After the sit down portion we toured the plant and I met some potential counterparts. I am waiting to be notified of their decision.

It was a longer process due to my current job.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Springfield, MO).

Interview

2 interviews one with hiring committee then with managers and they all act so nice but their not only when it comes to their families because there not spending 16 hours a day there they go home after 8 or before because there children have ballgames etc it's the worse company to work for even though there Union and they do absolutely nothino for you it's all a big joke

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to do overtime   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviews with both HR and business leaders. The process was very comprehensive given the importance of the role involving the direct leader plus other major stakeholders. Cultural fit is critical to DFA so this was a means of ensuring the fit and decision both ways

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America.

Interview

Hiring process began with an interview by one of their HR recruiters. I had a great talk with the person that interviewed me and the next day I received an email to explain the the hiring manager was excited to talk with me and a request to set up a time for a phone interview. I scheduled time off of work for this and the hiring manager called me about 5 minutes late. The entire time she seemed completely uninterested in what I was saying and like she didn't have time or had better things to be doing than speaking with me. Eventually I asked a question and her answer made it seem like she didn't want to do her job as a manager. She said something along the lines of "I want someone to work for me who will never come to me for questions unless they absolutely have to." That was extremely worrisome to me and after hearing that I made the decision that I was not going to accept an offer if I got one. The entire point of managing a department is to be there to support and help the people you're managing, the last thing you should be doing is telling people you're not going to help them unless you absolutely have to. I thought that was an extremely unprofessional way to say that and it was a turn off to me. Lastly, I never got a call back. It's been a week and I found out today that I am, what I assume, thrown out of their hiring pool because I saw a posting on Careerbuilder for the job I applied to. The hiring manager can't even take 5 minutes from her day to send an email telling me the some lie about how my "qualifications don't meet their needs" when I am far more qualified than my peers. They seriously need to have their HR people train the department managers a little better on how to interview people, this was by far one of the most unprofessional interviews I have taken part in.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Fun people to talk to, informative about the Cooperative. Not all management was clear on the duties of the position. Interview process is long and exhausting. Shows that they possibly cannot make decisions in a quick manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Whitehall, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

3 in person interviews with different managers. Whitehall used a a panel interview the first visit and then separate 1 on 1 interviews the next 2 visits. Was a nice operation and good people. Offer was low and relocation package not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Personality and change drive? Ability to relocate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was low and didn't have enough incentives to make the relocation worth while.

Production Interview

Interview

Just be honest and clear

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward

Dryer Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America in November 2013.

Interview

My initial hiring process began at Fasco Solutions, a temp agency. I was contacted about the dryer operator job within a few weeks after signing up with Fasco. the interview was comfortable and took about 30 minutes. I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with documentation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was put into competition with four other temps. We were all brought in for the same position, trained on different shifts, and told "do your best".

Dairy Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dairy Farmers of America (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Process was not too difficult. The average interview process I would say, however, I do not have much experience with this yet.

Interview Questions

• Job specific questions dealing with hedging risk in the futures market.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not negotiated yet, I am looking for information on salaries.