Dairy Queen Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

1.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

There was no interview. I got a call the same day i turned in my application and she went over the rules of the store made me sign a paper, gave me tax forms and a uniform and told me i start on this day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Cary, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received an e-mail from the manager trying to set up an interview time. I set the interview, came in and was asked several basic questions as well as questions pertaining to prior volunteering experience.

Interview Questions

• (I was a referee in a church league) How did you deal with an angry parent upset about a call.
      (Most of the questions on the interview were like this: analogous situations)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The guy was pretty friendly. He looked at my resume and asked some standard interview questions. He also talked about Dairy Queen and asked if I would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Garden City, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring she said yes gave me an application. i came back the next day, gave her they application, she skimmed over it and told me i got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Pearland, TX).

Interview

It was very quick and very friendly. The interview felt down to earth. I had a friend help me get the interview and the manager interviewed me right away. We sat in the restaurant and exchanged pleasantries before getting down to the actual interview. The manager that interviewed me did not see to have prepared before the interview. He just stressed how he was looking for someone to stay long term because he felt that the workers were like family. This struck me as odd but I needed a better job than being a waitress.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Old management went through in depth interview. I completed a basic math test, answered a customer service questionnaire, as well as , answering multiple one on one questions. Current management, reviews application and usually hires on spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you want to be apart of the team?
      What assets do you feel you bring to a group of people?
      If a customer raises their voice at you or treats you poorly how would you respond to this situation?
      Describe yourself in one word and why you chose that word?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was really easy. The manager asked me the basics like tell me about yourself and asked about your work schedule. Then she sent in three crew members to talk to me.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Medford, OR).

Interview

Sat with owners after I filled out application. It was more of a conversation about duties and expectations and when I was available to start. At the time they had a full crew so they had me wait a couple weeks before I started.

Interview Questions

• If I had a drivers license or reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Forsyth, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Forsyth, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took at least 2 hours they hired me when they saw me despite that I had no training in fast food restaurants they learned that I was a quick learner and very friendly they were amazed on how much I put effort in my job and I get it done on time and yes oi did have small mistakes but I learned from them and when I wasn't sure about something my managers and skilled co workers helped and were very patient because I asked nicely and explained the issue to the customer politely and descriptively. Over all my expierence has been great!

Interview Questions

• If I knew my social security number off head   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Relaxed and easy going the manager was very relaxed and easy to talk to. It lasted probably 15 minutes and they got back to me the next day. Overall DQ was great first job and i developed some very important skills.