Dairy Queen Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

1.8

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Spoke with the manager at the time she asked general interview questions. What are you our strengths, weaknesses, tell how you handles an unhappy customer in the past. Tell me about some things you like etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Grove City, OH).

Interview

I dropped off a hard copy of my application with references in person at the store. I returned about a week later to make sure that my application had been received by a manager. I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Once I was asked all of the interview questions, I went over my availability with my interviewer. I was offered a job directly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities about yourself that would add value to our team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Tumwater, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two managers that interviewed me, we just sat down at one of the DQ tables and they just basically asked what position i was interested in, why they should hire me/traits that i have (i.e. fast learner, friendly etc). they also asked how i'd react to a rude customer and if i had a problem with janitorial duties like cleaning the bathroom.

Interview Questions

• What position are you applying for?   1 Answer
    • How would you react/handle a rude customer?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you/what traits do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reedsville, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Reedsville, WV) in August 2017.

Interview

Was very brief and to the point but took too long to get my paperwork put through due to the manager's health issues. I was pushed aside for at least 10 mins before the interview and had to fill out a few papers.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to Dairy Queen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

There was no interview. I got a call the same day i turned in my application and she went over the rules of the store made me sign a paper, gave me tax forms and a uniform and told me i start on this day.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Cary, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received an e-mail from the manager trying to set up an interview time. I set the interview, came in and was asked several basic questions as well as questions pertaining to prior volunteering experience.

Interview Questions

• (I was a referee in a church league) How did you deal with an angry parent upset about a call.
      (Most of the questions on the interview were like this: analogous situations)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The guy was pretty friendly. He looked at my resume and asked some standard interview questions. He also talked about Dairy Queen and asked if I would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Garden City, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring she said yes gave me an application. i came back the next day, gave her they application, she skimmed over it and told me i got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Pearland, TX).

Interview

It was very quick and very friendly. The interview felt down to earth. I had a friend help me get the interview and the manager interviewed me right away. We sat in the restaurant and exchanged pleasantries before getting down to the actual interview. The manager that interviewed me did not see to have prepared before the interview. He just stressed how he was looking for someone to stay long term because he felt that the workers were like family. This struck me as odd but I needed a better job than being a waitress.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Old management went through in depth interview. I completed a basic math test, answered a customer service questionnaire, as well as , answering multiple one on one questions. Current management, reviews application and usually hires on spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you want to be apart of the team?
      What assets do you feel you bring to a group of people?
      If a customer raises their voice at you or treats you poorly how would you respond to this situation?
      Describe yourself in one word and why you chose that word?   Answer Question