Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.2

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Hour long phone screen, in depth questions about leadership and specific experiences, asks about knowledge of DQ, few questions about IT experience. In the end they decided not to fill the position at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you took on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The guy was pretty friendly. He looked at my resume and asked some standard interview questions. He also talked about Dairy Queen and asked if I would be a good fit.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied for the position online and had referrals from two employees. After less than 2 weeks, I had an initial phone screen scheduled. The phone screen was supposed to take 30 minutes and nearly lasted 2 hours. I found the recruiter very professional. Unfortunately, I never heard anything from this company or recruiter. From such a beloved brand, it's surprising and disappointing to be treated this way by recruiting. A quick e-mail or phone call stating their decision to move in a different direction would not take more than two minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was extremely quick. It was very casual and the assistant manager who was interviewing me was very friendly and didn't throw any curveball questions at me. They were actually really simple getting to know you sort of questions. He was looking for someone who was friendly, outgoing, reliable, and a huge team player. I stressed out during the interview for no reason (Don't make it as visual as I did, he coupd tell I was extremely nervous)! My advice is for you to go in there confident and be completely honest. They just might check those references! Good Luck!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referenced by a friend so I had my interview set up before filling out an application. I went in had the interview with the boss and filled out the application. I was called 2-3 days later and got the job. Training takes about 1-2 weeks and you do get paid for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.. Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen... What are your plans for the future?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview ever. All they asked was my availability and if I was up for the responsibilities. The downside was that the interviewer talked really fast and it was a little hard to hear what she was asking. I didn't get an offer for the position, maybe because of my availability/ lack of experience.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayette, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Fayette, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Questions

• What area of yourself could use improvement?   1 Answer

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Duncanville, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Manager Interview

Interview

Be capable of taking care of customer satisfaction as well as the crew

Interview Questions

• When are you available. Be prepared to be available always.   Answer Question