Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

1.7

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Oxnard, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself . . .   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submit Resume,
    Phone interview,
    In person interview with brand manager,
    in person interview with marketing manager,
    first week trial period.

There were two interviews in a row during the hiring process. The first with a brand manager who will be your direct supervisor, and the second with the marketing manager of Canada.

Interview Questions

• There were many general questions about marketing, branding, and your background.
      Know general business terms and how to apply them, as well as how you would describe your experience in each.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Presidents Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Greenville, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

I contacted IDQ for the position of Presidents Assistant. They did not have this job title in the past. I was able to "sell" the concept to the Personal Secretary and the president gave the interview to a Vice President. He was cocky and not capable of listening to the concept. He was pushy but personable. He did not respond to my conversation with relavent comments or questions. Rather he Kept telling me how they did it and did not need another position. A possible fact, butthe lack of a two way conversation between us was indicative of the problems the new position would have addressed. A common problem in the DQ franchise system. (DQ I was 10862.)

Interview Questions

• Since you hate DQ, Why would you want to work for DQ?   1 Answer

Ice Cream Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Hastings, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I was in contact with the manager months previous to being able to start. He was easy to contact and get ahold of with any questions. Once it was time for me to have my interview he called and set up a time that worked mutually. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you chose to apply to Dairy Queen?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied for the position online and had referrals from two employees. After less than 2 weeks, I had an initial phone screen scheduled. The phone screen was supposed to take 30 minutes and nearly lasted 2 hours. I found the recruiter very professional. Unfortunately, I never heard anything from this company or recruiter. From such a beloved brand, it's surprising and disappointing to be treated this way by recruiting. A quick e-mail or phone call stating their decision to move in a different direction would not take more than two minutes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Old management went through in depth interview. I completed a basic math test, answered a customer service questionnaire, as well as , answering multiple one on one questions. Current management, reviews application and usually hires on spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you want to be apart of the team?
      What assets do you feel you bring to a group of people?
      If a customer raises their voice at you or treats you poorly how would you respond to this situation?
      Describe yourself in one word and why you chose that word?
      Answer Question

Burgers Making Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Sat at a table and talked about dairy products.
    Burgers were next on topic then there was customers on a related but not quite the same topic of the overall experience of the interview that was boring and not fun and there were not many customers in Braside DQ at the time of the interview.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Richland, MS).

Interview

Fill out the application of they are hiring they call for interview. They will check references if they feel the need. Overall it was simple and comfortable. Even as a first job interview.

Interview Questions

• What hours I was available   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Coral Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Well i walked in there and he clearly judged me from what i looked like and he stared way too long at me (female). Then i told him i read the manual and he offered the job right there

Interview Questions

• (Only question he asked me) where else did i work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked him only to work fridays and saturdays but he sometimes put me on for sundays and yelled when i couldnt Work