Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.7

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Mount Vernon, IA).

Interview

I had to fill out a physical application and was called back a few weeks later. The store owner sat with me and we basically chit chatted (I think she was trying to get a sense of my character/personality?). Then I was hired right on the spot and given orientation.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I actually never even turned in an application for this job, my current manager contacted me from a resume I put out on Craigslist. She emailed me asking if I'd be interested in setting up an interview. I called her the same day, had an over the phone interview, and got hired the same day(:

Interview Questions

• What do you think defines multitasking, and how are you able to do it?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important part of being on a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

There was no interview. I got a call the same day i turned in my application and she went over the rules of the store made me sign a paper, gave me tax forms and a uniform and told me i start on this day.

Front Counter/Chill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Green Bay, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a call two weeks after applying asking for an interview. The interview took around 10 minutes. It was super easy, the manager asked me things that weren't even relevant really to working. She was super chill and nice, offered me the job on the spot. I accepted. They know that a lot of high school kids look to work there, so they have flexible scheduling and really work around your schedule as much as possible. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done and ever will do.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Interview

Process was very simple and fair
    Overall a typical interview, very professional manner.
    Asked Questions like "How well do you work with others" "How are your customer service skills" " How you rate your conflict resolution skills"
    I was surprised at how cordial they were with me, very kind. Overall a 4/5 rating

Chill Crew Interview

Interview

Turned in application on Saturday, interviewed Sunday, and began training on Monday. Interview was pretty easy and casual. They were hiring, and thought I was close enough to 16 to begin working.

Interview Questions

• Are you a trustworthy person?   Answer Question
    • Are you reliable?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes up to you with a problem that you don't know how to solve. How do you manage?   Answer Question
    • You are dealing with one customer and another comes up and begins demanding things/complaining. How do you make both happy?   Answer Question
    • Are you flexible? If I told you to come in tomorrow to cover a shift, would you be able to?   Answer Question
    • What puts you above other applicants?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Langley, BC (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy, sat down with manager who asked questions at the location, she hired me on the spot! It was low stress environment, about 15 minutes long and she was very nice

Interview Questions

• What are you hobbies? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How long did you work at your previous job?   Answer Question

Ice Maker/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Very easy and simple questions. They expect and hire a lot of teenagers still in high school so they know you may not have a lot of experience. Quick sit down interview with the owner.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Cary, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received an e-mail from the manager trying to set up an interview time. I set the interview, came in and was asked several basic questions as well as questions pertaining to prior volunteering experience.

Interview Questions

• (I was a referee in a church league) How did you deal with an angry parent upset about a call.
      (Most of the questions on the interview were like this: analogous situations)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Fast and easy. Anyone with ambition and drive can get through. They were big on asking questions to vet out people who used drugs. The interviewer was nice, polite and put me at ease. The store where I was applying was one of their bigger locations on the south side so there would be plenty to do to keep a worker busy.

Interview Questions

• Where did you attend high school? Where did you work before? Can you work weekends? Can you work until closing?   Answer Question