Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Pearland, TX).

Interview

It was very quick and very friendly. The interview felt down to earth. I had a friend help me get the interview and the manager interviewed me right away. We sat in the restaurant and exchanged pleasantries before getting down to the actual interview. The manager that interviewed me did not see to have prepared before the interview. He just stressed how he was looking for someone to stay long term because he felt that the workers were like family. This struck me as odd but I needed a better job than being a waitress.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Old management went through in depth interview. I completed a basic math test, answered a customer service questionnaire, as well as , answering multiple one on one questions. Current management, reviews application and usually hires on spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you want to be apart of the team?
      What assets do you feel you bring to a group of people?
      If a customer raises their voice at you or treats you poorly how would you respond to this situation?
      Describe yourself in one word and why you chose that word?
      Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

it was a brief two part interview that asked simple questions, such as, why do you want to work here and where do you see yourself in five years. the second interview was more of a congradulations on getting the job.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had to deal with a rude or disrespectful customer? if so how did you handle them and if not how would you handle them?   1 Answer

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Richland, MS).

Interview

Fill out the application of they are hiring they call for interview. They will check references if they feel the need. Overall it was simple and comfortable. Even as a first job interview.

Interview Questions

• What hours I was available   1 Answer

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Manager asked questions about my aspirations and goals in life. He asked if I knew how to cook and clean. Also asked if I had money handling experience and I'd im a fast learner.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Lees Summit, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I walked up to the cashier section and asked about the interview. She said I could take a drink and wait for her at one of the tables. After a short time, she came out, introduced herself, and the interview begun. Overall, the experience was very positive, and the interviewer was friendly. I answered the questions and she hired me then and there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee doing something against the rules?   1 Answer
    • When are you available?   1 Answer

Chill/Grill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was relaxed and straightforward.
    Fair negotiations. Interview took a while, interviewer was a bit late. was thorough in questioning me, and offered me a chance to ask questions in return.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was really easy. The manager asked me the basics like tell me about yourself and asked about your work schedule. Then she sent in three crew members to talk to me.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Medford, OR).

Interview

Sat with owners after I filled out application. It was more of a conversation about duties and expectations and when I was available to start. At the time they had a full crew so they had me wait a couple weeks before I started.

Interview Questions

• If I had a drivers license or reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Forsyth, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Forsyth, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took at least 2 hours they hired me when they saw me despite that I had no training in fast food restaurants they learned that I was a quick learner and very friendly they were amazed on how much I put effort in my job and I get it done on time and yes oi did have small mistakes but I learned from them and when I wasn't sure about something my managers and skilled co workers helped and were very patient because I asked nicely and explained the issue to the customer politely and descriptively. Over all my expierence has been great!

Interview Questions

• If I knew my social security number off head   1 Answer