Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Reedsville, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Reedsville, WV) in August 2017.

Interview

Was very brief and to the point but took too long to get my paperwork put through due to the manager's health issues. I was pushed aside for at least 10 mins before the interview and had to fill out a few papers.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to Dairy Queen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Mount Vernon, IA).

Interview

I had to fill out a physical application and was called back a few weeks later. The store owner sat with me and we basically chit chatted (I think she was trying to get a sense of my character/personality?). Then I was hired right on the spot and given orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

There was no interview. I got a call the same day i turned in my application and she went over the rules of the store made me sign a paper, gave me tax forms and a uniform and told me i start on this day.

Chill Crew Interview

Interview

Turned in application on Saturday, interviewed Sunday, and began training on Monday. Interview was pretty easy and casual. They were hiring, and thought I was close enough to 16 to begin working.

Interview Questions

• Are you a trustworthy person?   Answer Question
    • Are you reliable?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes up to you with a problem that you don't know how to solve. How do you manage?   Answer Question
    • You are dealing with one customer and another comes up and begins demanding things/complaining. How do you make both happy?   Answer Question
    • Are you flexible? If I told you to come in tomorrow to cover a shift, would you be able to?   Answer Question
    • What puts you above other applicants?   Answer Question

Ice Maker/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Very easy and simple questions. They expect and hire a lot of teenagers still in high school so they know you may not have a lot of experience. Quick sit down interview with the owner.

Front Counter/Chill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Green Bay, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a call two weeks after applying asking for an interview. The interview took around 10 minutes. It was super easy, the manager asked me things that weren't even relevant really to working. She was super chill and nice, offered me the job on the spot. I accepted. They know that a lot of high school kids look to work there, so they have flexible scheduling and really work around your schedule as much as possible. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done and ever will do.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I actually never even turned in an application for this job, my current manager contacted me from a resume I put out on Craigslist. She emailed me asking if I'd be interested in setting up an interview. I called her the same day, had an over the phone interview, and got hired the same day(:

Interview Questions

• What do you think defines multitasking, and how are you able to do it?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important part of being on a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Canton, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

They basically gave me the run down of the place. Stating what i would be doing training wise and such. The manager said "Yeah no one likes working here but it is what it is." Which as this being my first job was very reassuring....

Interview Questions

• They asking me my contact info and asked me about my schooling and past jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Cary, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received an e-mail from the manager trying to set up an interview time. I set the interview, came in and was asked several basic questions as well as questions pertaining to prior volunteering experience.

Interview Questions

• (I was a referee in a church league) How did you deal with an angry parent upset about a call.
      (Most of the questions on the interview were like this: analogous situations)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Loveland, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in the lobby and it was kind of hard to joke around. Took them a week to reply back to anything I did. Some if the questions are aimed at high schoolers because the youngest they hire is 15.