Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.7

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was really relaxed. I first turned in a paper application to DQ and I got a call a couple weeks later. The interview process wasn't that bad. It was mostly just him confirming things like my availability and where I go to school. There was a couple of questions about why you wanted to work there but all the questions were really simple. He offered the job on the spot and said to go to the ordination that was happening the next day and get work clothes and a food handlers card.

I really recommend apply to DQ during spring, early summer time. Thats the time they hired a bunch of people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Why do you want to work at dairy queen?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Spring, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I took my application in and the boss greeted me happily and asked me one question about transportation and then hired me on the spot, seemed desperate for more employees

Interview Questions

• If I had transportation to and from work   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Vernia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (La Vernia, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It is very easy no background check until you decide to go to management and then I still became a manager and I have a lot of felonies so it pretty easy to get a job there

Interview Questions

• Can you be flexible with your hours   1 Answer

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garnett, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Garnett, KS).

Interview

The store owner asked me some basic questions. Some I thought were okay, but other I thought were very irrelevant, like, why I wanted the job, what my intentions were if I got the job, how I would spend my money or how I would spend my time at work, etc.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short, asked me about myself, and told me what she expected out of me. I had to wait to get a background check then I would get a call back.

Prep Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Gadsden, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Told me prep manager wasn't a real job and that it doesn't really apply to real dairy queens and was actually asks to supervise the ice cream at 7.25. Took them probably 5 days between submitting the application the interview and the next day I received a call saying I had got the job.

Kitchen Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Sioux City, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was a quick affair, turned in my application right as the manager was in so I was pulled for an interview right away. We talked face to face as I answered their questions and told a little about myself. After the interview was done I was offered the job right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview ever. All they asked was my availability and if I was up for the responsibilities. The downside was that the interviewer talked really fast and it was a little hard to hear what she was asking. I didn't get an offer for the position, maybe because of my availability/ lack of experience.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Dearborn, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a really nice and easy interview. The employer asks for your availability, if you're still in high school, and so on. You arrive to the interview, and ask for the person's name you were given, and then it lasts for 15 minutes. After the interview if you get the job, you will receive a call within a week, and begin orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you showed leadership, whether it was in the work environment or outside of it   Answer Question