Dairy Queen Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

1.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Easy group interview. Very relaxed. A group of people were brought in. We all talked, introducing ourselves, then the manager took people one at a time to ask a few questions and get to know you

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Mansfield, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. Took about two weeks from the day of submitting the application, to receive a call regarding the interview. Asked to see social security, birth certificate, and Identification.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy, laid back. casual interview and no hard questions. I was offered a position directly after. Very cool staff but not much room for growing and they expressed that during the interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was really relaxed. I first turned in a paper application to DQ and I got a call a couple weeks later. The interview process wasn't that bad. It was mostly just him confirming things like my availability and where I go to school. There was a couple of questions about why you wanted to work there but all the questions were really simple. He offered the job on the spot and said to go to the ordination that was happening the next day and get work clothes and a food handlers card.

I really recommend apply to DQ during spring, early summer time. Thats the time they hired a bunch of people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Why do you want to work at dairy queen?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short, asked me about myself, and told me what she expected out of me. I had to wait to get a background check then I would get a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted about a week and a half later by phone. We scheduled the interview for the next day. I met with the manager, who was very polite and professional. The interview itself was short; we discussed my previous work experience and certifications, and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want this job?"   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. It literally took me longer to drive there than the interview lasted and the drive was 15 minutes. When I was interviewed I was only asked if I had reliable transportation and they just said a basic overview of the job (it's a small DQ so we don't have any food except hotdogs and pretzels) so there wasn't much information to cover.

Interview Questions

• the only question I was asked was if I had reliable transportation, and when I was able to start.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.