Daiso Japan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daiso Japan Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After you turn in your application, you should get a call on when to schedule a date for an interview. For the San Jose branch of Daiso, when you get the interview, you pretty much got the job. For the interview, just keep the interviewer entertained and smiling. The interviewer should be the manager and her English isn't really that great, so if you can sound impressive with your English that will earn you big points.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daiso Japan.

Interview

I filled out the application and turned it in with a resume. About a week later, they called me to ask for an interview. They asked me about my prior work experience, and seemed pleased I had some previous minor retail work. They also told me what the work would be like, with a slight emphasis on being "self-motivated" and said that Daiso clearly is not a cushy job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Daiso?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you will get out of working at Daiso? What do you expect to learn from this experience?   Answer Question
    • What do you think working at Daiso will be like? Duties, responsibilities, daily work?   Answer Question
    • Do you shop here often? Are you familiar with Daiso?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Interview

I did a walk-in application. Took it home, filled it out, attached my resume and the VERY next day I went in the store to ask an employee if I could turn it in, thinking that was all I had to do. She directed me to the supervisor who I went to, to turn my application in. She takes it, looks at me and ask if I could do the interview right then on the spot! I said sure, was very flustered the whole time. I was totally unprepared for an interview on the same day that I would turn in my application, a little unprofessional in my opinion. Nevertheless she thought the interview went well. The next day I got a call asking if I was interested in an offer, I said yes, and tomorrow I start my first day at Daiso.

Interview Questions

• Knowing our company's policy that we do not accept returned items or exchanges, how would you handle a situation if a customer came in asking for a refund on a particular item?   Answer Question
    • What got you into Japanese culture?   Answer Question
    • Do you shop here often?   Answer Question

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager wrote an email and set up an interview. the manager asked a few questions based on resume and ask about my previous working experience. Overall the interview went pretty smooth, and the manager was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (Monterey Park, CA).

Interview

I turned in a resume and they took months to call me back, but I was excited because I actually wanted to work at daiso.

I came in and sat in the back w the shift leader I suppose, she asked me about availability, scenario questions, why I want to work there. All the goodies. I really thought I got the job because she told me about dress code and how to clock in.

She said if I don't hear back by Wednesday they decided to go with someone else. I never got called so I assumed they went with someone else but I recently passed by and the hiring sign is still up so I inquired within wether they are still looking or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daiso Japan in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over 20 minutes. They don't seem to know what to really ask, so they just look at your resume and job application and ask questions based on it. They ask basic questions and then ask you random questions that aren't relevant.
    They will also ask a lot of questions about your availability because they want you to be as available as possible. However, you should tell them about other obligations, like school, because they will want to call you in even during times that you didn't put down as your availability.

I'd recommend studying basic interview questions so you have an idea of what to say when asked a question and then remember that they will most likely ask you random questions that seem pointless. Just answer them patiently with a smile. Take your time thinking of good answers.

It wasn't really an interview. It was more of a test to see how patient you are when dealing with irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you like Daiso?
      What would you former employer or coworkers say about you?
      Do you have work experience?
      How would you describe your previous work experience?
      Answer Question

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called me for an interview in about 3-4 days. Interview went pretty easily, no tough questions, I had 2 interviewers and they were both very nice. The post-interview was kinda annoying bc it turned out that they wanted to hire me ( I obviously got the job before writing this) but they forgot to call me in for paperwork and training??? Overall, positive experience though. We all make mistakes here and there, so it wasn't a big deal. Made up the paperwork afterwards.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

You walk in, sit down with the managers, and they ask pretty basic questions, like whether you're a student, when you're available, etc. Not overly stressful, but they'll love you if you understand/speak Japanese. You probably won't have to write anything down, so don't worry too much about carrying a ton of things. They called me the next day to let me know whether I got the job or not. If you don't pick up, they'll leave a voicemail, but calling back can be a pain because the call has to be transferred and the interviewer might not be there, so try to pick up the first time.

Anonymous Employee in El Cerrito, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (El Cerrito, CA).

Interview

It was a very short and casual interview. We sat outside the store and she asked me and went through a copy of my resume she had printed out. She went through a couple questions and in total it took around 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting at minimum wage

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daiso Japan (Tustin, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in December of 2015 at Daiso Japan in Tustin, CA and I got a call for an interview in February of 2016. The interview was very simple and they asked typical interview questions. It was a very comfortable interview and the questions were very easy questions to respond to. The whole interview took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your previous employer, what would he/she have to say about you?   Answer Question