Daktronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daktronics in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was an initial phone screen. The Human Resources Coordinator was very pleasant to talk to and answered the questions that I had regarding the position. Provided further proof that Daktronics is a company that I would like to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Daktronics (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process for Daktronics was extremely long and the communication from them was severely lacking. My initial phone screen took place the first week of December and the final communication came in mid-february. There were many weeks in-between calls/meetings where the was no communication from Daktronics on what was next. Yes, I always end an interview or call with, What are the next steps?, but the responses sounded reasonable but they never really stuck to what they told me.
    How my interview process went:
    1) Phone screen with HR
    2) Email from regional manager to meet for an in person interview
    3) Phone call from National Sales Manager (not official interview)
    4) Call from HR to indicate the position was changing
    5) Panel interview with 5 managers( 3 regional managers, head of national sales, HR manager)
    6) Face to Face interview with a local HR personnel not in the sales field

I had the feeling that everything was going well and things were moving forward. 2.5 months + 5 phases of interviews, however after the last face to face interview there was 0 communication until I reached out the following week to find out they were not moving forward with me.

The entire interview process is full of, Tell me about a time where/when you ______________ questions with some follow up to it. I would say to anyone going through this process is to sugarcoat your answers. I always take the honest, straightforward approach for answers, but the feedback I received from Daktronics was that they wanted to see successes shine through in every scenario. Even when they ask about a failure and how you dealt with it, make you you pound your successes.

I would say the interview process was easy as it's all about your experiences, just make sure to sugar coat it. The manager might love you and see you as a great but it's a group decision, or they might just tell you that. Honesty is one of their core values and I'm not sure they were that honest to me during the process or appreciated the honesty of my answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and how did you get through it?
      What was your most successful presentation?
      Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news? How did you handle?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was spread over 2 months and had a number of interviews. First, you had a phone interview, and then a video interview with a number of people. If you are still in the running you then are brought to Daktronics where you get a tour of the campus, and one last interview.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic info and questions. Later an interview with 3 other people over the phone. They take on average a week after initial processes to get in contact with you. Their process needs to be streamlined and interviews need to be better structured. Their job description was incorrect than what they had available.

Interview Questions

• Normal experience questions.   1 Answer

SalesSeattle, WA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

I had three phone interviews all one week from each other. I was disappointed because the interview process was about a month long and I thought that three phone interviews was enough to get the job, then I heard nothing back at all. I emailed and called the person who interviewed me and I got no response... So I had to email the hiring services and they emailed me back saying that I didn't get the job. I felt it was a very unprofessional way to go about it.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you consider yourself good at?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daktronics (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

started as a series of phone interviews ; then was flown to head quarters for a full day of one on one ; a panel interview and then a electronics technical assestment test , gave electrical/electronic schematic diagram and asked several questions

Interview Questions

• what is the most complex electronic equipment you have worked on   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. I applied once online, in response to a posting on Indeed. I got a phone call about a week later, had a phone interview with HR rep, then about two weeks later had a phone interview with a panel of three, then a week later they called me in for a full-day interview, and put me up in a hotel and paid for my gas mileage for driving out to Brookings. It was a great experience, everyone treated me very well, my interviewers took me out to lunch at a cool restaurant, and their recruiter took me on a driving tour of Brookings. Still waiting on an offer for two weeks now. Hopeful.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

Had an 2 different phone interviews, one was a group call. Then I was supposed to go on site for my third interview, but they only had time to do it on a day where I was unable to make it so they said I could do my interviews over Skype instead. Although they said that a Skype interview wouldnt make any difference, I think not meeting in person with them may have been my downfall in not getting the internship, because my interview went very well considering it was over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time while you were on the job and had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

Phone Interview reviewing the basic information from your resume. The interview was 30 minutes long. Review other option of relocating.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in relocating?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD).

Interview

Short telephone interview with HR representative. Call back 2 days later to invite for an in-person interview with shift supervisor and HR rep. Called back for follow up interview approximately 1 week later with Plant manager, shift supervisor and HR representative. Final interview/tour a week after that with same 3 personnel.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just general questions. Why do you want to work for us? How far do you see yourself going in our company? Tell us about a time when...   Answer Question