Daktronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.5

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daktronics (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

started as a series of phone interviews ; then was flown to head quarters for a full day of one on one ; a panel interview and then a electronics technical assestment test , gave electrical/electronic schematic diagram and asked several questions

Interview Questions

• what is the most complex electronic equipment you have worked on   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in December 2009.

Interview

The first part of the interviewing process was a simple phone interview. This segment was used to collect basic information about me such as my university status, my former engineering experience (previous internships), and my schedule. My interviewer also informed me about the job I had applied for and some company logistics.

Within a week, I received a return call to set up a time for a panel interview at the corporate headquarters. The panel interview consisted of me being interviewed by five seasoned employees, one-by-one in a small room. Each interviewer worked in a different department and asked different questions aimed to expose my engineering ability based on past experiences and my responses to hypothetical situations. Some of the interviewers asked repeat questions, but mostly the questions were original.

I left this interview honestly very disappointed with myself and not expecting an offer. I was five minutes late to the interview because I couldn't find the right building (Daktronics has a wide multi-building campus), and I stuttered throughout the interview. I also found myself responding inconsistently to some of the same questions asked by different interviewers. However, about a week or two later, I received an offer. I would say that if you have a good resume, your chances of getting hired at Daktronics may be better than if you have a good interview. Because honestly, my performance at my interview was abhorrent but my resume was good.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had failed to achieve a goal. How did you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At Daktronics, they prefer students to work 20 hours per week. They strongly encourage it, both in the way management talks to you and in a policy that grants a $1.00/hr bonus for students who reach this goal. Honestly, you shouldn't feel pressured by this. I have seen new student hires come in and work as little as 15 hours/week, and I work with some people who have even cut down to 12 hours. I used to work 20-hr weeks when I started, but it was very difficult to manage with school. If I had known that it wasn't a big deal to work less than 20 hours, I would have worked 15 when I started.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent resume with cover letter. Had phone interview with HR. Flew out to SD for one day full of interviews with various people in different departments. Also had to take an electronics test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get an electronics and computer technology degree?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was very straight-forward and professional I have seen companies drag things out for months. Daktronics doesn't waste time--theirs nor mine. I appreciated that. The questions were thoughtful and the staff was very professional.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Interview

It's normally a phone interview first then when you do good, you get a face to face interview. They are kinda fast in the their interview process. If there is a phone interview it would probably be a panel depending on the position you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was spread over 2 months and had a number of interviews. First, you had a phone interview, and then a video interview with a number of people. If you are still in the running you then are brought to Daktronics where you get a tour of the campus, and one last interview.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic info and questions. Later an interview with 3 other people over the phone. They take on average a week after initial processes to get in contact with you. Their process needs to be streamlined and interviews need to be better structured. Their job description was incorrect than what they had available.

Interview Questions

• Normal experience questions.   1 Answer

Electrical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in April 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of technical questions reading to electronics technology and a focus on circuits. The human resources hiring manager asks questions regarding educational background pertaining to the work required by the job.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any specific questions. How did you solve a problem and what resources did you use?   Answer Question

SalesSeattle, WA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

I had three phone interviews all one week from each other. I was disappointed because the interview process was about a month long and I thought that three phone interviews was enough to get the job, then I heard nothing back at all. I emailed and called the person who interviewed me and I got no response... So I had to email the hiring services and they emailed me back saying that I didn't get the job. I felt it was a very unprofessional way to go about it.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you consider yourself good at?   1 Answer

Human Resources CoordinatorDaktronics Shanghai Ltd Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2013.

Interview

It is basically a behavioral interview. First I introduced the basic information about myself. Then they asked me a lot of behavioral questions related to my resume. For example, what is the most impressive part about a volunteer program I have participated in. What is my advantage compared to other candidates. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• what is the most impressive part about a volunteer program I have participated in   Answer Question