Daktronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.6

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent resume with cover letter. Had phone interview with HR. Flew out to SD for one day full of interviews with various people in different departments. Also had to take an electronics test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get an electronics and computer technology degree?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Daktronics (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process for Daktronics was extremely long and the communication from them was severely lacking. My initial phone screen took place the first week of December and the final communication came in mid-february. There were many weeks in-between calls/meetings where the was no communication from Daktronics on what was next. Yes, I always end an interview or call with, What are the next steps?, but the responses sounded reasonable but they never really stuck to what they told me.
    How my interview process went:
    1) Phone screen with HR
    2) Email from regional manager to meet for an in person interview
    3) Phone call from National Sales Manager (not official interview)
    4) Call from HR to indicate the position was changing
    5) Panel interview with 5 managers( 3 regional managers, head of national sales, HR manager)
    6) Face to Face interview with a local HR personnel not in the sales field

I had the feeling that everything was going well and things were moving forward. 2.5 months + 5 phases of interviews, however after the last face to face interview there was 0 communication until I reached out the following week to find out they were not moving forward with me.

The entire interview process is full of, Tell me about a time where/when you ______________ questions with some follow up to it. I would say to anyone going through this process is to sugarcoat your answers. I always take the honest, straightforward approach for answers, but the feedback I received from Daktronics was that they wanted to see successes shine through in every scenario. Even when they ask about a failure and how you dealt with it, make you you pound your successes.

I would say the interview process was easy as it's all about your experiences, just make sure to sugar coat it. The manager might love you and see you as a great but it's a group decision, or they might just tell you that. Honesty is one of their core values and I'm not sure they were that honest to me during the process or appreciated the honesty of my answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and how did you get through it?
      What was your most successful presentation?
      Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news? How did you handle?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was very straight-forward and professional I have seen companies drag things out for months. Daktronics doesn't waste time--theirs nor mine. I appreciated that. The questions were thoughtful and the staff was very professional.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Interview

It's normally a phone interview first then when you do good, you get a face to face interview. They are kinda fast in the their interview process. If there is a phone interview it would probably be a panel depending on the position you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was spread over 2 months and had a number of interviews. First, you had a phone interview, and then a video interview with a number of people. If you are still in the running you then are brought to Daktronics where you get a tour of the campus, and one last interview.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daktronics (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

started as a series of phone interviews ; then was flown to head quarters for a full day of one on one ; a panel interview and then a electronics technical assestment test , gave electrical/electronic schematic diagram and asked several questions

Interview Questions

• what is the most complex electronic equipment you have worked on   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic info and questions. Later an interview with 3 other people over the phone. They take on average a week after initial processes to get in contact with you. Their process needs to be streamlined and interviews need to be better structured. Their job description was incorrect than what they had available.

Interview Questions

• Normal experience questions.   1 Answer

Electrical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in April 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of technical questions reading to electronics technology and a focus on circuits. The human resources hiring manager asks questions regarding educational background pertaining to the work required by the job.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any specific questions. How did you solve a problem and what resources did you use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview with pretty basic questions. You could look up a list of interview questions to prepare for the interview! Also- speak clearly, be honest, and do some research on the company.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

Prior to coming to corporate you will generally have 2 phone interviews with an HR recruiter after which they will move forward to a phone panel interview with 3 supervisors. If you are chosen to come onto campus for an in person interview. These interviews are fairly relaxed. They mainly just wanted to ensure you could have a conversation. They ask you some questions but from what it sounded they didn't want to know to much more from what was previously said during the phone interview.

After which you are provided with a tour of the factory and head quarters... be careful because most of the interns report back to their supervisor with how you acted... it's kind of a sneaky second interview when you feel more relaxed speaking with a current intern.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions personally. But I know some were behavioral based and then they just wanted to know what your personal preferences were towards working in Transportation, High School Parks and Rec, or in Live Events.   1 Answer