Daktronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daktronics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview with pretty basic questions. You could look up a list of interview questions to prepare for the interview! Also- speak clearly, be honest, and do some research on the company.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daktronics (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

started as a series of phone interviews ; then was flown to head quarters for a full day of one on one ; a panel interview and then a electronics technical assestment test , gave electrical/electronic schematic diagram and asked several questions

Interview Questions

• what is the most complex electronic equipment you have worked on   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

They are very GPA based when choosing a student employee. I had a 3.2 and they continually got on me during reviews to improve it. Not sure why that mattered so much to them, I feel like my work background and work results would mean more. Basically you need to tell them you are a hard worker and are willing to put in the hours to get the job done. Organization is key. Make sure you let them know you intend to stay with the company upon graduation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wage was not negotiable, can get increases based off of classes taken and passed.

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. I applied once online, in response to a posting on Indeed. I got a phone call about a week later, had a phone interview with HR rep, then about two weeks later had a phone interview with a panel of three, then a week later they called me in for a full-day interview, and put me up in a hotel and paid for my gas mileage for driving out to Brookings. It was a great experience, everyone treated me very well, my interviewers took me out to lunch at a cool restaurant, and their recruiter took me on a driving tour of Brookings. Still waiting on an offer for two weeks now. Hopeful.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

Prior to coming to corporate you will generally have 2 phone interviews with an HR recruiter after which they will move forward to a phone panel interview with 3 supervisors. If you are chosen to come onto campus for an in person interview. These interviews are fairly relaxed. They mainly just wanted to ensure you could have a conversation. They ask you some questions but from what it sounded they didn't want to know to much more from what was previously said during the phone interview.

After which you are provided with a tour of the factory and head quarters... be careful because most of the interns report back to their supervisor with how you acted... it's kind of a sneaky second interview when you feel more relaxed speaking with a current intern.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions personally. But I know some were behavioral based and then they just wanted to know what your personal preferences were towards working in Transportation, High School Parks and Rec, or in Live Events.   1 Answer

Sales Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

Had an 2 different phone interviews, one was a group call. Then I was supposed to go on site for my third interview, but they only had time to do it on a day where I was unable to make it so they said I could do my interviews over Skype instead. Although they said that a Skype interview wouldnt make any difference, I think not meeting in person with them may have been my downfall in not getting the internship, because my interview went very well considering it was over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time while you were on the job and had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Electrical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in April 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of technical questions reading to electronics technology and a focus on circuits. The human resources hiring manager asks questions regarding educational background pertaining to the work required by the job.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any specific questions. How did you solve a problem and what resources did you use?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daktronics.

Interview

Phone Interview reviewing the basic information from your resume. The interview was 30 minutes long. Review other option of relocating.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in relocating?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD).

Interview

Short telephone interview with HR representative. Call back 2 days later to invite for an in-person interview with shift supervisor and HR rep. Called back for follow up interview approximately 1 week later with Plant manager, shift supervisor and HR representative. Final interview/tour a week after that with same 3 personnel.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just general questions. Why do you want to work for us? How far do you see yourself going in our company? Tell us about a time when...   Answer Question

Electronic Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Daktronics (Brookings, SD) in November 2013.

Interview

Originally received a phone call to set up a 20-30 minute phone interview. Upon completion of phone interview, I was told they wanted to follow up with an onsite interview within a few weeks and they would get back to me. Called me back a few days later with a date in mind and set it up.

Traveled to Brookings for the onsite interview. The interview was about 3 hours. It started with a short interview with the supervisor for the position, followed by a tour of the manufacturing facility, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by another department employee, and ended with an interview with an HR representative.

The travel reimbursement for the interview was simply cost of gas, which I found to be a negative as most other interviews I went for, it was mileage and about three times as much.

About 3 weeks went by and I sent a follow up interview (as I thought I was told I would hear back in that time frame). Received a phone call the next day that they planned to extend me an offer and would call back with details in a few days. Called back with the offer and did a quick half hour walkthrough of the offer with plans to catch up again at the end of the week with additional questions.

The offer was right before Christmas so we agreed to catch up after and set a timeline for responding to the offer. Caught up after Christmas and I let them know about my other potential opportunities and that I wanted to explore them, so we planned for about 2.5 weeks to have an answer.

Sent an email a few days before the deadline stating some concerns and mentioning that I wished to negotiate. Received an email the weekend after the deadline stating that we would catch up at the beginning of that week.

We spoke about concerns regarding some of the benefits I had and he asked me what number I was thinking I wanted. I was up front with an honest number about 10% higher than what they offered. He said he would talk to the hiring manager as well as do some more research of his own and get back to me the following day. He called the next two nights stating that he had not had time to complete what he wanted, so planned to talk after the weekend (about 5 days) with a decision on their end.

Through the process they told me that they came forward with their best offer, but were open to negotiation. Ultimately the HR representative called back and told me that they did not feel comfortable extending above the original offer (which was about average for my school and below the going rate I found from research; however, my GPA, extracurriculars, and internship experience was worth more than an average candidate in my opinion).

The benefits were average in some areas, but weak in areas such as yearly bonus, 401k (low match in company stock and no ROTH option), and tuition reimbursement.

I did not originally want to interview for the Test Engineer position (which Daktronics chose to kinda push me into), but the upside with this one was that a lot of responsibility would be given. In my experience, I found that this job would most likely need an employee who was hard working and willing to go the extra mile, which I felt also needed an extra financial boost for the position.