Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.7

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked in a room where there were 3 people with questions in their hands. I was asked about 20 questions on my work experiences, skills, life, how I felt about the company and co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a problem in saying no if asked to do another project.   1 Answer

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a group setting with a panel of 3 employees. The interview did not start on time. It took almost a month from application time to get the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a School District?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met with nursing supervisor and then principal of school, both were very friendly and asked different types of questions. The nursing supervisor was more screening me for my personality and my motivations to allow her to see which schools she had open and which one would be the best fit for myself.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions such as why I wanted this position, what I suspect of the job, etc.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with six people. I was offered a job on the spot but HR took over six weeks to process paperwork. The principal had asked me to start on a certain date and I made arrangements to do so, but HR took weeks longer therefore plan accordingly and have ample savings in case there is a lapse between projected and actual start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with physically moving a child or restraining?   1 Answer

FCNS, Professional Development Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the department secretary who set up the interview and explained she would be sending an email 3 days before the interview with directions, Less than 24 hours before the interview I got an email telling me that during the interview I would be expected to give a presentation, I was given a choice between 3 topics. The email said that the presentation should be 15 minutes in length and be on power point.
    I went in for an interview and it went well, it was with the director, a compliance officer and a person from another department. The director said hey do this process with everyone, saying they will send an email 3 days in advance and send it less than 24 hrs in advance.
    2 weeks after the interview, they checked my references (my references called to tell me), Yet the Interview was in June and 4 months have passed and they didn't even send a letter saying they had chosen another candidate. If they are not serious about hiring someone, they should leave my references alone and not spend time calling them.

Interview Questions

• How will overcome training cafeteria managers having not been a certified cafeteria manager yourself?   1 Answer

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I completed my application on line, submitting my resume, copies of my current certifications, and a portfolio of previous experiences. I received a call from the secretary a month after and scheduled an interview along with a presentation on a subject that they provided. They called me on Friday and the interview/presentation was the same week. Be ready to create a presentation with one or two days. The interview was a panel of five people, each of one made questions (ten to twelve questions) . Lastly I make a presentation to the panel and ask my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you think you are a good fit for our organization.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project that you have implemented from planning to execution.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your thinking process when preparing a training event for 30 people and for 1500 people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Human Management called me to advise me that I was recommended for the position, and that they will call me in the next few days to make me an offer. Within a week they called me and made me an offer lower than what I was expecting. I finally accepted.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was slow and not put together. Interview was more about what I would encounter during the work day, instead of talking about my skills and experience. Interview was timely and lasted about 1 hour.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically they wanted to know if I could manage a class. Then they went though content are questions for math. The instructional coach, principal, and assistant principals were all present for the interview. It was obvious they were desperate to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach fractions?   1 Answer
    • What is your background?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy.
    It was about my past experience. One telephonic interview but getting response from them took days.
    Had to go through fingerprint scanning.
    They take days to respond to emails.

Secondary Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very brief interview mainly focused on teaching style and what I can bring to the classroom. Also was asked about working in teams and how it can have an effect on the culture of the school.