Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Teacher Interview

Interview

It was actually a good experience. I met my principal at the DISD job fair, and then was invited to a formal second interview from there. I met with him and also the vice principal and then a week later was officially hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District.

Interview

Hired at the job fair..... It was insane... They didn't ask too many questions, and I now know why.... They aren't too picky about who they hire. They will tell you that if you accept an offer you can't talk to any other schools. I needed a job, and felt pressured. They do this for a reason, they don't want you to have time to research the school or the district...

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would feel working at a predominately Hispanic school.....   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met with nursing supervisor and then principal of school, both were very friendly and asked different types of questions. The nursing supervisor was more screening me for my personality and my motivations to allow her to see which schools she had open and which one would be the best fit for myself.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions such as why I wanted this position, what I suspect of the job, etc.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

I will not review my interview process because your interview depends on the specific school you work for. My principal was new so her interview was not as intense as some other principals.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with six people. I was offered a job on the spot but HR took over six weeks to process paperwork. The principal had asked me to start on a certain date and I made arrangements to do so, but HR took weeks longer therefore plan accordingly and have ample savings in case there is a lapse between projected and actual start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with physically moving a child or restraining?   1 Answer

FCNS, Professional Development Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the department secretary who set up the interview and explained she would be sending an email 3 days before the interview with directions, Less than 24 hours before the interview I got an email telling me that during the interview I would be expected to give a presentation, I was given a choice between 3 topics. The email said that the presentation should be 15 minutes in length and be on power point.
    I went in for an interview and it went well, it was with the director, a compliance officer and a person from another department. The director said hey do this process with everyone, saying they will send an email 3 days in advance and send it less than 24 hrs in advance.
    2 weeks after the interview, they checked my references (my references called to tell me), Yet the Interview was in June and 4 months have passed and they didn't even send a letter saying they had chosen another candidate. If they are not serious about hiring someone, they should leave my references alone and not spend time calling them.

Interview Questions

• How will overcome training cafeteria managers having not been a certified cafeteria manager yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District.

Interview

There were multiple deadlines. You are emailed less than a week later if you are selected for a phone interview. Based on the phone interview and your application, you are accepted or not accepted. If you look up teacher pedagogy questions, the interview questions are like that- very difficult for folks that are not teachers.

Interview Questions

• What would you discuss during a parent teacher conference?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the grade level you were teaching as switched one week before school started?   Answer Question
    • You have 1 week until school starts; prioritize this list: a) get your classroom ready b) make phone calls to all the parents c) get together your lesson plans & d) prepare an assessment quiz for the first week of
      school.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District.

Interview

I initially applied through a placement agency that arranged a 30 min phone call with the principal, assistant principal, and instructional coach. The interview was fairly straightforward. I was told at the end of the call that I would be recommended for hire. It was never immediately clear whether an offer was actually extended. I was asked to complete pre-hire forms before receiving an offer,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. All salaries are posted publicly.

Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I completed my application on line, submitting my resume, copies of my current certifications, and a portfolio of previous experiences. I received a call from the secretary a month after and scheduled an interview along with a presentation on a subject that they provided. They called me on Friday and the interview/presentation was the same week. Be ready to create a presentation with one or two days. The interview was a panel of five people, each of one made questions (ten to twelve questions) . Lastly I make a presentation to the panel and ask my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you think you are a good fit for our organization.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project that you have implemented from planning to execution.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your thinking process when preparing a training event for 30 people and for 1500 people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Human Management called me to advise me that I was recommended for the position, and that they will call me in the next few days to make me an offer. Within a week they called me and made me an offer lower than what I was expecting. I finally accepted.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was slow and not put together. Interview was more about what I would encounter during the work day, instead of talking about my skills and experience. Interview was timely and lasted about 1 hour.