Dan Klores Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dan Klores Communications

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with basically the entire team before being offered there position. It was great to get to know everyone I would be working with prior to making my decision. However, I accepted an offer elsewhere. The company seemed like a great atmosphere.. except the NY office was a bit dated.

PR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications.

Interview

Got a recommendation from a family friend. Did an informational call in January with one of the leads in the client group I would be working in, then again in April, then got an offer from an administrative assistant in May. No real interview process. Had a marketing background, but no PR.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was brought into the office for an interview after a phone screening. I was told I would be meeting with one person and ended up meeting with three additional people. It was fine, but I didn't feel prepared and the whole thing seemed very rushed and disorganized. The internal recruiter followed up with me about a week later saying they were working on an offer but it took another 2 weeks to actually get something official.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications.

Interview

I was at the office for a few hours meeting with various people who had never seen my resume. It made me feel like I was an animal on display. I should have asked to meet with the people I would be reporting to but didn't know to ask that at that stage of my career. Had I met these people in advance I would NEVER have taken the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty long; met with five people all individually but they were all extremely nice. There was also a thirty minute writing test on the computer which also was pretty easy. The only thing I did not like is that they told me I would hear either way if I got to position or not and did not hear anything back. Also seems like the job had a load and was extremely underpaid. It's a foot in the door to the business, but people need to make enough to live off of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was definitely a great experience and very informative. Everyone in the office welcomed me upon entering. I place in a room for about five minutes before everyone came in. We talked about everything from my personal hobbies to my experience in the PR field. Everyone was very knowledgeable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

When you arrive to the office your fill out paperwork and are asked to complete a writing exam with a press release. You are then interviewed by two people who are on the board of advisory who either approve of you or send you away. From there you are interviewed by your potential team members/supervisor and other individuals you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• What does Public Relations mean to you, What are the top 5 news stories in the last week, typical background information questions about your work experience, etc., writing test was a press release of the moment you decided public relations was the career path for you/defining moment in PR   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with two of the three bosses I would be assisting plus two hiring managers. They told me what they would expect from me and I had to give them a writing sample. Speaking with them, I had no indication that they were crazed lunatics out for blood. The interview was very easy to get through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. They offered non-negotiable 30,000 a year + benefits after three months

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I came from out of town in order to interview for an entry-level PR position. I never suspected PR would be the right place for me until coming into this firm. The receptionist and HR were polite and efficient, cool looking office. I got to sit down with one of the VP's and talk with him about the job. The salary offer was obnoxiously low, but I saw this as a place with upward mobility and possibility. My attitude changed and was very gung-ho about this opportunity. Then I met my potential supervisors...

I have never met such...bad people in my entire life. When they entered the room I stood up to greet them and shake their hands. No eye contact was made and I was given a half-hearted handshake. I was asked basic questions about my background and interests. When the three weren't asking me why I didn't have a background in PR they seemed bored, unengaged, even hostile. Either way, they found an excuse to leave the interview before I was done asking them about the position. Any good will the VP had instilled vanished in the first 10 minutes.

I spent some time preparing for this interview and traveling to NYC. I did not expect to easily win the the job, but I also resent getting treated poorly. After that interview I would not have worked for DKC if they had doubled my salary.

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have a background in PR, why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dan Klores Communications (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

They put an extra emphasis on keeping abreast of all current events, so make sure to read up on the hot topics of the day before you go into the interview