Dana Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Dixon, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview. Asked about prior experience in manufacturing and supervising skills. Wanted to know about ability to work overtime and weekends. Interviewer was very friendly and no pressure at all to answer hard questions.

Engineering Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview to work in the NVH Lab that lasted 10 minutes. He only asked 3 questions and gave a summary of the job. Got called back for an on-site interview. When I went in, the engineering manager didn't even interview me, he had the current co-op give me a tour of the facility and she introduced me to all of the employees as the new co-op starting the following semester. A month after the on-site "interview" I received an email saying they went with a different candidate. Very dissatisfied with the experience and surprised with the lack of communication.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for an hour. They got satisfied and called me for site interview. Everything was gone well. Suddenly, they asked for another phone interview. I have never heard someone asking for phone interview again after site interview. After the last phone interview they denied me. The reason: I am more of a team work guy but they are searching for individual contributor. I knew that my team work strength turned into greatest weakness due to Dana.

Senior Nvh Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter working for Dana.

30 minute phone interview with Chief Engineer (hiring manager) concentrating on experience and a description of the position.

Three hour face to face interview broken into one hour blocks with two engineers and either HR manager or the Chief Engineer, followed by a 1 hour tour of the facility and lunch.

Offer given, 105k/yr with 7k signing bonus initially, raised to 110k/yr with 10k signing bonus. I asked for more time to decide (two days before decision deadline) as I had two other interviews scheduled with travel arrangements and commitments made, however HR and/or hiring manager decided to rescind the offer and "go with an alternate candidate." The job was reposed online the following day.

Overall impression is that the company unethical and does not value it's personnel. I'm glad that I was able to see the true nature of Dana and saved from making a mistake of relocating my family and working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Six behavioral questions asking for a description of a situation in my career and what the outcome of that situation was. Two open-ended technical questions:

1. An OEM complains of a noise issue with a vehicle where if they change either the Dana drive shaft or the rear axle and the noise goes away. How would you diagnose this problem and give three possible root-causes of the noise.

2. You perform an experimental modal analysis of a drive shaft and your colleage builds a finite element model of the same drive shaft. Your experimental results do not match the model results. How would you address the differences and what are the possible reasons for the mismatch of the results?
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard. Was interviewed by my supervisor and the Dept Manager. Basic questions from, tell me about yourself, why do you want to be an engineer, what role would you like. etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Engineer?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with about 6 people. Really nice and humorous people. They asked about my current jobs and school. They asked if I had any questions or concerns. The basis of the conversation was then explaining all of the responsibilities of what the job entails and who I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with cars?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a series of behavioral questions, series of 2 back to back one hour long interviews. Interviewers were my future coworkers. Initially screened by a phone interview with a regional recruiter for Dana (he is a Dana employee). He then forwarded my information to a manager where my profile fit. Was contacted from there.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, name a time when this happened, or give an example of whatever.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy to talk to. Asked about my qualifications based upon my resume and went through a thorough description of the position they are hiring for and why they are hiring. If I would be interested in a opportunity like that and wanted to know what type of salary requirements I was looking for.

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Detroit, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with the hiring manager. A few days later they set up an on-site interview which was 3 hours long with 3 groups of 2 people- very intimidating. Glad it was all done in one afternoon though. Took about a week to hear back with the offer.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview

I had a Phone interview first then a One on One basic questions for the interview then I was called back a second time for a plant walk through with each departments supervisor showing me each process the product went through