Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview procedure- two in person interviews and one interview over the phone. Whole process took only a week. The staff here is very friendly even during interviews. Over the phone interview was only general hr questions while the in person interviews asked more relevant questions. No questions were meant to trip you up however.

Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with the different departments you would be in communication with. It was typical cookie cutter interview questions. At least 2 hours. By the end it was exhausting being asked the same questions by the different groups.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge and biggest accomplishment. What can you bring to this company? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw the job posting and contacted them directly via email. An hour later they emailed back for an in person interview. After 2.5 hours of interview with a MD and a Deputy Director, they contacted my references right that day. The next day (Friday) I scheduled to interview with the PI on Monday at noon. Monday afternoon I was offered the position. It was a very smooth and efficient process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

They have an extremely long interview process. They ask you to block out at least 2 hours to come in and essentially do what would be you first and second round interviews one after another.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Submitted my application, a few days later received an email from human resource to set up a phone interview. We set up a time. The day comes, the human resource woman calls me ahead of time to re-schedule the interview/make sure she has the right number, she tells me she'll call me back in a couple of hours. She never called back, didn't even email me. What a terrible way to do business. Was happy I accepted a position at another company instead.

Lead Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by email to fill out a prescreening questionnaire. After that I was informed my file has been sent to the department and if there is interest I would be contacted by email. I got a response from the department the next week and scheduled a skype interview. Things went well and interview lasted a little over an hour. I was told they need me to speak to the Lab head who was away on tour for a couple of weeks. But I was contacted the very next week to setup time to talk to the lab head. Again another skype interview. It was merely a formality I felt and things went great. I was informed there are additional candidates to be interviewed and they would get back to me in a week. But within 3 days I was offered the job and I accepted gladly.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience. If I worked with animals, if I was ok with working on occasional weekends etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview by HR, and then brought in for an in-person interview with the same member of HR. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end of it she had me interview with my potential boss and the person who would be training me on the job. Those two interviews were about 30 minutes each. They then reached out to me via phone to discuss the interview, as I was being considered for multiple positions. After our phone conversation they offered me a position the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      Why do you want to work in this role?
      Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult patient.
      Tell me about a time when you handled a coworker being difficult.
      How do you think this clinical experience on your resume will prepare you for an administrative role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very smooth and welcoming. I never felt uncomfortable or as if I was imposing on anyone. There are multiple interviews with the various PIs and current CRCs. Initial phone screening was smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screen. The interviewer went over my resume and asked questions about my different positions. I explained that I was using the different positions to showcase my skills; since at my last employer I wasn't able to show that I interacted with the public, used Word, Excel and Outlook

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with someone from HR, we then scheduled a time to meet in person. HR called back to schedule me an interview with the hiring manager of the department (it was scheduled for a little over a week later). I met with the hiring manager of the department for 30-40 mins, then during that same interview I met with who would be my co-workers if hired. A few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager to set up another interview with one of the MDs in the department along with the program coordinator of NPCs. This last interview was mainly them telling me what they do and how they interact with the NPCs, it was my chance to ask them questions about the position. The next day I received a phone call from HR offering me a position. While I did meet with a lot of people, interviews were almost back to back because I had an empty schedule. The longest wait time between interviews was 8-9 days.

Interview Questions

• They ask mainly behavioral questions. They will ask about what you want to do in the future, since they are aware that this is not a long term career.   Answer Question