Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Research Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Research Technician Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

After a phone interview, the interviewer invited me to an on-site talk. The interviewer asked general questions such as why do you want this position and how my college experience was. The interviewer also showed me around the lab.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I was emailed to have a 15-30 minute phone interview for a Research Technician position. It took about ten days for me to hear back from them. Instead of Human Resources contacting me, the Research fellow contacted me directly via email for a phone interview. We set up the interview on the day of contact. It was a thorough interview, asking questions on lab techniques and standard "where do you see yourself in four years?" and "what are your two greatest weaknesses?".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Dana-Farber job system. Then It took about 1 week for processing. I got email to set up call interview with the PI. I did not get offered for the on-site interview.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in June 2014.

Interview

I learned of the position and submitted the application online at Dana-Farber Careers website. After about three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in December 2008.

Interview

I was hired within the company so my process will be different than those who are hired from outside of the company. It was laid back but professional and I was told of what the job would entail and since I had all of the qualifications I just had to answer a few questions my previous boss's had. I was referred to this new position by my manager of my other job since she knew I wanted to do more and she wanted me to excel more so she gave my name and next thing you know I got contacted by the new PI. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is professional but they make you feel relaxed during your interview. They see the best in people and have good judgement on who works there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because I was offered a much higher salary from my previous job. Lab jobs depends on how much grant money is raised.