Danaher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Danaher

3.1

Sort:

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danaher in January 2017.

Interview

Crazy long interview with Gina in legal. She was aggressive, rude and lacked common sense and judgement. It was really one of the worst interview moments of my career. I would not recommend interviewing with them to anyone.

Interview Questions

• She will have you spend days preparing mark-ups...   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radford, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Danaher (Radford, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Group interview, lasted all day.

Interview Questions

• What do you not want to do?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Danaher (Elizabethtown, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter based my online profile. Had several discussions with recruiter and ultimately was set up to interview at the facility. Prior to the interview I had to fill out a psych survey which took roughly an hour. A half day of interviews with an HR associate, and HR manager, the hiring manager, plant manager and VP of sales. Plant manager was out of the office and was the first person on the interview list. Waited nearly an hour in the lobby for the HR associate to notify me that the manager was out of the office. A plant engineer gave me a shop tour, Danaher is impressively lean. Moved onto the HR manger, the discussion went well, in my opinion, then to the hiring manager and finally the VP of sales. The interview was mostly generic questions regarding the industry and my experiences in my former roles.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult, and although not unexpected as I was notified I would need to complete it, but the psychological evaluation. I was not informed of the results of my psych eval, however, I am under the impression it plays a huge role in securing a managerial role.   1 Answer

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Danaher (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by a head hunter who did the initial interview. a couple of weeks later I did a phone screen with an HR person who did a very extensive hour+ interview over the phone. The process was 100% focused on what she was looking for and 0% focused on what I wanted to know as a candidate. Two months passed with no word from the company and the head hunter called me on a Thursday evening and asked if I could interview all day that Saturday. The logistics where fine. I met with about 5 people and the experience was like one long interrogation. Sharp pointed questions followed by a ridiculous level of detailed follow up questions (as if trying to "catch me" on some inconsistency). Another month passed with no feedback. Then I get a call from the headhunter who said that they want me to meet their industrial psychologist for several hours at an airport conference room. I met with the guy and he was all business. Ran me through a bunch of gmat-like questions, psychological tests, an in-depth interview. Another month then I was asked to come back and interview with some of the same people asking the same questions. I ended up going back a total of 4 times before they started talking about offer. Not a lot of "selling" through out the process.

Interview Questions

• Psychologist asked me - about my relationship with my mother and father growing up. What was I like in 1st grade. All interviewers asked - tell me about your three biggest failures in life. Why did I fail and what did I learn? Walk me through your thinking and analysis for a bad decision you made.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Danaher (Greensboro, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Thorough interview process, extremely professional - met with over 10 executives over 3 rounds of interviews. The process included a meeting with a psychologist to profile leadership orientation. Overall, this was a positive experience to match up company needs with my needs.

Interview Questions

• What would my peers, subordinates and supervisors say were best and worst traits?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Danaher (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the operating business, one full day, 5 senior people -- seemed reasonable. Interviewed with Corporate -- they are very strange. (a) Psychological evaluation for 4 hours, including testing. (b) Left waiting in conf room for 2 hours. (c) One interviewer refused to do the interview at HQ (did in coffee shop nearby), other two required use of HQ. (d) Aggressive (unpleasant?) first interview -- possibly intentionally misunderstanding CV and my statements?

Interview Questions

• Why should I believe this [data point, claim] on your CV?   2 Answers

Strangely cult-like culture at Corporate

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher (Brea, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview
    It was contract position, so they conducted 2 phone interview. Based on my interview they given me offer. It was good experience. All questions are technical, short & specific. They conducted background check , drug screen & within week they given me confirmation. Total process took 3 weeks from interview to joining.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are most suited for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fix salary- contract position.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Danaher (Elizabethtown, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

phone interview then site interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group?   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was sent an email about a phone interview. The initial phone interview was formal in which they not only asked about their company, but drilled into my resume and my experiences as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked not only what I knew about the part of the company I was hiring for, but the company overall.   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Danaher (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It went through the temp agency and they asked me basic interview questions to make sure I would be a good fit for the company.