Danaher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Danaher Interview Questions

Interviews at Danaher

3.1

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Danaher in February 2011.

Interview

The process followed the normal fare. I interviewed with the supervisor, HR and some technical folks. Conspicuous by its absence was an opportunity to interview with my supervisor's manager. I got the impression that he didn't care, and this was confirmed after I was hired. It takes a special person to work for these folks... because you are expendable. This is a cold-hearted, numbers-driven company, and they're OK if no current employees know how their equipment works.

Interview Questions

• Nine years earlier, why did you leave employer X?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tedious, because they are very tight-fisted. A successful negotiation will prove to be a hollow victory, because you'll be offered up as a sacrifice to corporate as soon as the project is over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Danaher (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

First we had a dinner with all the recruiters and then a short 45 minute interview. It was primarily focused on your resume. Some situational questions wanting to know how you handle adversity and some examples of that. It felt like it was mostly to see if you were a good fit and motivated to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a group member consistently slack off, how did you address that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Received interview after the job fair at University. Interview was about 30 minutes and was only asked behavioral questions. Second round interviews will be technical interviews. Still waiting to here if I was invited for round 2.

BOLD Interview

Interview

I applied to the position online through my school's job posting site. I was immediately invited to a bar/grill on campus for an informal meet and greet. There were representatives there answering general questions. I was called that night to set up an interview for the following day. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and was fairly simple. About a week later I was invited to a second round interview on site. This interview was simple and very informal. It was more to match the candidate with the employer as there were 3 candidates and 3 hiring managers. From there I was extended a 12 week offer about two weeks later.

Business Unit Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

This was an unfavorable candidate experience. The interview process was disjointed, unorganized, and frankly disappointing for a company of Danaher's reputation for business process improvement, talent management, and leadership.

After initial contact from a corporate recruiter within Danaher, I had a couple of phone screening interviews with HR staff resulting in a green-light to move forward with additional interviews involving business unit and corporate staff. Over the next several weeks, I was progressively invited to participate in additional video interviews and to travel to various locations to meet with decision makers and influencers in the hiring process, including a lengthy session with the corporate psychologist.

Throughout this process, however, there were several "fits and starts" with periods of little response or activity followed by sudden and seemingly reactive requests to schedule another activity often on very short notice. Some interviews were then cancelled or rescheduled with the explanation that they were "out of sequence with other steps in the process", which makes one wonder why they were scheduled in this order in the first place. There were several HR staff members involved in the process and it was unclear as to who, if anyone, was specifically accountable for directing this process. The hiring manager seemed to be absent from the process after one brief interview early in the process. It was evident that behind the scenes, there was internal confusion on the process and a lack of synchronization among the recruiting team. Nonetheless, it seemed that we were eventually working toward a definitive conclusion, so I stuck it out.

After several weeks of patiently and progressively working through this process, activity simply faded off to a surprisingly inconclusive outcome. Crickets.... In spite of receiving very positive feedback throughout the process, when I later followed up, I was given vague and deflective responses regarding their recruiting process, where they were in it, and that they might need more nonspecific information -- despite ample opportunities to have gathered it.

As a currently employed executive, I invested significant time in this process and took off several paid vacation days, which was quite a challenge given my schedule. I did so willingly, however, as this was a role for which I was highly qualified and because of Danaher's favorable reputation. While I understand that these processes often do not produce a fit, I am accustomed to more efficient recruiting processes capable of decisively dismissing non-selected candidates much earlier in the process rather than advancing them to what would appear to be the very last and final step, only to "ghost" them at the end.

It appears that this role still has yet to be filled several months after it was first opened. This prompts me to wonder whether other candidates faced a similarly fitful and indecisive process and were just left hanging, opted to seize another opportunity, or simply bowed out due to process fatigue.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions one would expect in executive-level interviews.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Danaher (Richardson, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Danaher conducts the interview process with a high level of professionalism. After being selected for an interview and the date is selected Danaher takes care of booking all of the candidates travel and accomodations for the visit. The interview consisted of one on one interviews with human resources and senior management and a group interview with middle management. Senior Managment appeared to be extremely motivated and exited about the long term opportunities at Danaher.

Interview Questions

• What would be your first actions to build your team and department?   Answer Question
    • What qualities to you feel make you the best fit for Danaher over other candidates?   Answer Question

The company was ultimately not able to put together a competative offer. Benefits such as 401k and vacation are not competative with what other companies in the industry offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Danaher (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Danaher flew me into their corporate office for 4 back to back interviews. It was somewhat exhausting, but very thorough. I met with several HR employees as well as the hiring manager. The interviews were fair and they asked questions that helped identify the practical experience need for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of what YOU SPECIFICALLY did to ensure the success of the project.   Answer Question

BOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Very easy conversation with the recruiter and very straight forward. Only a few basic situational based interview questions. Be aware that there are many different places you can be placed and you are asked if you are willing to relocated because of this.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had issues with some one you worked with.   Answer Question

BOLD Program Interview

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. Start with a few quick points about why you are interested in the BOLD Program position at Danaher then moving on to about 3 basic behavioral questions. I would suggest going through their website before-hand and making sure you are familiar with their culture and which path in the BOLD program you are interested in.

BOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

After receiving an email from them to check them out at the career fair, I had an interview with a recruiter the next day. They said they would be in touch in a couple days but it took a couple of weeks. Had second round interviews and they had a great weekend planned. Difficult/confusing questions but great experience.