Danfoss International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Danfoss International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.8

Sales Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

Very drawn out process. Had a phone screen with recruiter and was asked to prepare a short essay to be passed along. Then a phone screen and lunch with regional vice president. Had an interview with the Vice President of Sales for the entire company and then was flown to their location in Rockford, IL for a final interview with a human resources representative.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line I received a Phone call. The Human Resources person was very nice. And make me some question to screening my profile, waiting for a second interview.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

The interview process was very structured and well planned and executed. The first call was from the HR to gauge if I was the fit for the profile. I cleared that one. The second call was with the Product Manager (Hiring Manager) and he was pretty impressed by my technical knowledge and experience. I cleared that round and was called for an Onsite Interview. The Onsite interview was a pretty rigorous process, where 7 people from different cross functional department interviewed me for half an hour each.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Ames, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

First completed an online interview where questions were recorded and submitted. Followed by two phone interviews first with HR (Personality and Clarification of Resume) and then with Product Line Manager (Technical and clarification of resume). An on-site interview was scheduled but canceled the day before because the position was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• In five years, where do you see yourself within Danfoss (Phone)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Danfoss? (Recorded)   Answer Question
    • Provide a summary/overview of your background/experience which you believe is in alignment with this role? (Recorded)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were under pressure and how you overcame it? (Recorded)   Answer Question
    • What do you consider to be your best skill, and how do you believe that will help you succeed at Danfoss? (Phone)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview which consisted of your general run of the mill back ground questions. Three months later, I was finally contacted for an in person 3.5 hour interview which I felt went very well. The interview panel were friendly and laid back for the most part. Was told they would be making a decision within the week. Two weeks later and no word. None of their HR people respond to emails or calls. Very unprofessional and severe lack of communication. Can say that I will decline their offer if/when it happens as I have other employers to consider. Had previously declined an offer for a different position due to duties and shift times required and wasn't impressed with their HR handling but felt it was due to me being located 12 hours away.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decline our last job offer? (unprofessional)   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Interview

Two step interview process- first interview was with hiring manager over phone. We went over my past experience and questions based on my resume. Then on site interview that included 30 min. presentation, and three technical individual interviews with team members. Also, there was a short interview with HR. The manager gave me tour of the company facilities and then took me to dinner on the day before the interview, and then for lunch on the day of interview. Overall the experience was very good. They give you a great insight into the work you will be doing and were very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• what will be the most prominent harmonic in a six step inverter DC link voltage?   Answer Question
    • different between mosfet and igbt- current controlled vs voltage controlled, targeted applications etc.   Answer Question
    • components of thermo electric models- is there thermal equivalent of electrical inductance?   Answer Question
    • common mode vs differential mode noise, what could be sources of these noises in a circuit   Answer Question
    • voltage source vs current source inverters- what will be primary difference in terms of direction and components for DC link in each of these inverters?   Answer Question

Declined due to location preferences.

Procurement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arkadelphia, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Arkadelphia, AR).

Interview

Easy interview. They didn't care a thing about my experince or technical knowledge. They wanted someone who was smart and able to effectively communicate with clients. All of the questions were based on behavioral scenairios. Such as the typical name a time you had a problem, etc. However I would note that if you are applying thinking this is an engineering position, it isn't. It is closer to a buyer position and is a fun job as long as you know what you are getting into.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to prepare for a meeting with a client from a foriegn country?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Rockford, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was in contact with HR and the Tech. supervisor who would be conducting the interview. When I came in to interview I was greeted by one of the Manufacturing engineers. Afterwards I was introduced to the Tech. supervisor and both the Supervisor and the ME conducted an interview. Soon the manager of the value stream came in and directed more questions toward me and explained the company's origin and vision. This was followed by a tour and a brief overview of the roles I would have should I be hired in. We went back and sat down, discussed more and I asked several question. Then they said they would call me with and offer and the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest project you ever worked on?   1 Answer

Senior Industrial Engineer (Internal: Navigator) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loves Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Loves Park, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

This was the most drawn out process I've ever encountered. The HR portion went very quickly, they did a prescreen and followed up by letting me know I'd be contacted by the hiring manager. It took more than 6 weeks to get the first call scheduled via e-mail. The time for the call came and went without notice and without a call. I sent an email requesting a re-schedule that was responded to three days later. The call was rescheduled and again, it was missed without notice. Two days later it was finally scheduled week out for a 30 minute call. The call finally happened and actually lasted an hour. This resulted in a face-to-face interview that had similar rescheduling issues. I did very well in the interview, but it became clear that the hiring manager was just going through the motions as my skills and experiences far exceeded his.

I liked the company very much. I think they would be a fine company to work for. However, based upon the erratic interaction with the hiring manager, I would have likely declined a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this company? Why wouldn't you want to work in a healthcare? (There's a great deal of demand for the skills I have in the healthcare industry.)   1 Answer

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Rockford, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview - Experience was fine. HR person was very professional and friendly. All of the question pertained to the company and the position. This is a great company to work with very few openings because employees don't leave once they get hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer