Darden Food Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Food Server Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fun. I walked in with my resume, chatted with the server manager for a few minutes, and then got to talk to the assistant general manager for a while. She was very attentive and interesting. We had a great conversation, after which she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Portage, MI).

Interview

I had one interview, and had to take a written test, fill in the blank- which took an hour and a half. I was asked about my previous work history, my strengths and weaknesses, why I applied there, why I think I should be hired, and what my goals were. It went great, and it was actually fun.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest strength and biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy process, talked a lot about past restaurant experience and knowledge of beer and wine. They also asked a lot of situational questions Example: What would you do if you forgot someone's drink, or what would you do if the food was taking too long to come out to a table?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was angry with either the service or the quality of the food?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later got an email that they were interested, interview within a week. Interviewed with Manager, then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to (key to getting job!). Interviewed immediately with Managing Partner. Within 4 hours, got a call that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you provided exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Fill in online application, normal information
    1 or 2 in person interviews, generally with 1+ managers
    Personality quiz
    Asked questions: "Please describe a time when you exhibited excellent customer service" and "Please describe a time when you had a dissatisfied customer, and what did you do about it?"
    "What did you like about your last job?"
    "How comfortable are you with beer knowledge?"

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had a dissatisfied customer, and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out interview online, and got an email next day. Went in for interview with 2nd tier manager. It went well, and I could tell she thought so. I was called back for a second interview with the general manager, who was curt and downright rude. Maybe it was her idea of a test to see if I can deal with cranky hungry people, but hungry people don't go in for direct attacks. All her job rated questions had to do with how much I know about alchohol.

Interview Questions

• She flipped through my resume, and sneered at my most recent job, at a wilderness camp, saying it wasn't much of a job at all. You know how jobs are - the title doesn't give the story. This was a job with enormous responsibility - for giving people a good time, for keeping the area maintained, for performing a nightly monologue, and for literally keeping the guests alive. One of my duties was manning a first aid station that frequently handles life threatening emergencies. And she called it a fluff job. What do you say after that?

She said they'd be in touch within 2 days I phoned on the third and was told, very abruptly that I didn't get the job.

My mom has owned a business and said the comments and questions were unprofesiional and hostile. And she said that the correct thing to do when you tell someone you aren't hiring them, is to give them some constructive reason - something they can work on improving ( for example, get some wine experience and try again in a year) rather than speak to them as if they were garbage. She always tried to think of other places that might be a better fit, too. I think Olive Garden would be a good fit for me, but I'm very glad not to be working under such an unhappy, insecure woman.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple and involved meeting two different managers. After the first interview i was told i'd be receiving a call for a second interview. Hiring managers were both very friendly and willing to answer any questions i had as well. It was a pleasant interview considering that i was only 20 years old and still in college

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Cypress, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

3 interviews with different managers. The restaurant manager conducted her strenuous interview on the last interview. She was very straightforward with her questions. Be sure to make eye contact and know a favorite item on the menu. She also asked about your current availability

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden in April 2011.

Interview

Online application followed by an in person interview. It was very informal. It was conducted in the 'cafe' area of the restaurant. Lasted no longer than 30 minutes. then followed by a personality assessment.