Darden Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a server online but you have to be 21 to serve at olive garden. There are two interviews, one with the general manager. One of the employees gave me a tour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Process took about 30 minutes. Met with the entire leadership team, including the big boss, all in one day. The fact that they took the time to speak with me, I knew it was a good sign.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you ?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength and your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Straight to the point. Be firm in what you ask for.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

The Manager had me arrive before the restaurant opened and they asked about my life and my previous employment. They then asked me about my ability to learn the fast pace environment that was in the restaurant business. They told me the pay and how I will have benefits with Darden.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls ahead for the 3-minute call ahead, but they will be arriving less than the 30 minutes allotted. Do we still add them to the call ahead list?   1 Answer
    • If you have a long list of customers, and you see tables empty but have not been bussed (cleaned) yet, do you leave your stand and go clean it or do you wait for it to be cleaned.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Darden (McHenry, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

the hiring process was fine communication was fine the interview went great I got the job and the interview did not take very long she was very nice..she also spoke in length about the necessary job at hand and what my responsibilities where to be and it was very acceptable.

Interview Questions

• what would I do with a unsatisfied customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was not a negotiation I have 27 years in customer service I am more than qualified

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Super easy.I had already been renewing my application because the first time they called, I couldn't make it to the interview so I applied again one night and I got a call the next day. Went in to wait for the interview, there were others there. The first was with the assistant manager; super chill. Pretty much just general questions, what kind of experience do you have, why Olive Garden, questions about how you would respond to certain situations. Then got a "peer interview" with one of the servers that's been there for a while. The Assistant manager told me to come back in two days for an interview with the GM. Same situation and questions pretty much.Talked to a current hostess. GM came back and said she wanted to hire me :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Both interviews asked how much pay i'm looking for. I shot for like minimum wage in my state because I was desperate for a job but the AM said 8.25. But then the GM said only 8.00 because I didn't have previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

there is usually two interviews its going to take about a month before you can actually start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i had the opportunity to negotiate salary, always always always ask before you accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Applying online is extremely easy although they seem to ask a million questions about who you are as a person to see if you'd be a good match for the company. If you match up through that one of the managers will call and set up an interview. Easy going, and then I watched a series of the Darden company videos talking about what they're all about. Got hired and put into the online system pretty quickly to see when I was working.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

A new restaurant was opening so they needed to hire almost 200 people. I originally applied for a host but the manager liked me during the interview and asked me to be a server. I was iffy at first but so glad I said yes because it has been one of my favorite jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Darden? Have you ate at olive garden before? What is something you enjoy at Olive Garden? Describe your past experience when a customer got mad at you for food being incorrect/coming late.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tucson, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview questions were very basic. Why Darden? What kind of jobs have you had in the past? Are you a student? The personality test was painfully long.