Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CRM Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a one-hour phone interview with the manager of the position. Second round was a 30-minute phone interview with the head of the CRM division. Third round was a 5+ hour on-site interview with the above-mentioned manager and division head, as well as brand representatives for four Darden brands.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a digital advertising campaign did not perform well, and how you communicated that to your client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Fresno, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online when I first moved to a new city, and physically brought in my resume to a manager the next day. He told me my resume was impressive and to expect a call about scheduling an interview. I never did. About a month later I saw an ad posted about Yardhouse needing servers, so I called and asked if I should reapply. They said they had my resume on file and scheduled an interview with me. The manager interviewed me and it went very well, he said that they would be interviewing others over the next few days and would call me to schedule a SECOND interview in about 2 days. I never recieved a call, so I called 3 days later to follow up and this time a different manager apologized for wasting my time and said she had no idea why I was interviewed in the first place because they were not currently hiring or holding interviews. I have never come across a more unorganized and unprofessional interview process and management.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you are qualified to work on a fast-paced restaurant such as Yardhouse?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were to quick to make a qualified decision. They Didn't ask enough or the right questions. They did not seem to care I was ramp certified. They did not ask how many years experience I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went well. They asked about my previous work experience. Also asked if I had beer and liquor knowledge and I did. They told me how they move people up and how busy they are.

Senior Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on a job site and contacted me. Wasn't really looking for anything but was interested in moving to Orlando so thought I would give it a try. They first asked for me to fill out a online application which they were in a rush to get but no big deal. Then next came a "behavioral assessment" that seemed a little strange. This sort of request is so out of character for most IT positions I almost balked right there. I tried it and it asked inane questions like everyone in the company was expected to have been a server at some point. I have never been a server in a brass and fern bar so really seemed dumb. The questions were like scenarios you would find in one of their restaurants. Next was the tech interview. Spoke with two of their "engineers" and to be honest I thought they sounded like they might have recently been wearing flair in a restaurant days before. Their questions were sophomoric and so simple I could not fathom why they were wasting my time. I really did keep picturing some of the "Chachkies" type employees had moved to their corporate offices. So after several minutes of this, I decided this place would not be for me. Their entire process seemed like it was designed to find the most subservient corporate stooge possible. There are a lot of tech jobs out there and picking the wrong company can result in wasted years. It really took me many a long time to understand this. I still however do like the food at their restaurants. :-D

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the Darden website. Received a call from a recruiter about two weeks later. Had a brief 20 minute interview with the recruiter. A few days the recruiter called me back and set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. During that interview, the hiring manager asked me to come back for a full day interview. Meet with six different business partners and team members from 9 am to 4 pm. They provided lunch. It was a long day, and I had to take PTO from my current employer. The recruiter met with me last and went over the benefit package and payroll. (Which really made me feel like I was going to get the job.) The interview was on a Thursday, and by the following Thursday they called me and told me they went with another candidate. At the end, the recruiter gave me a $25 Darden gift card.

Interview Questions

• It was a long day meeting with 6 different employees. I don't recall a specific question. Mostly about job-based questions and how I process information.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Morgantown, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

It started off with an introduction of myself and why I am interested in this company. Then, it moved into a behavioral based question section where I was asked about 5 behavioral based questions. At the end of the interview I was able to ask any questions that I had for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, but you were able to push forward and overcome this obstacle.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professional and courteous. They did a fantastic job of keeping you informed during the process. It takes a while and there are several steps to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview type questions   1 Answer

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Brown Deer, WI).

Interview

Filled out online. Manager called to schedule interview. Interview by two Managers. First one was mean 2nd one nice. Didn't get the job cause they don't like you to work with relatives. Say you don't know anyone there!