Darden Bartender/Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Bartender/Server Interview Questions

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Very quick, pretty informal. Some corporate information throughout the interview but primarily asking about your availability and not so much your experience. It was apparent that this was an entry-level job for the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was today at 2:30pm. I had a first interview with one manager and when I was finished I had a second interview with another manager. The managers were really welcoming and nice. The manager told me I was hiring on the spot and let me know that I would be starting off serving and then when I get my license I will become a bartender. I have orrientation next week and my training starts soon.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?
      What is good customer service?
      Why apply at Olive Garden?
      Previous jobs and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Two interviews were required. My first interview was centered on experience. Questions included how to handle difficult guests, examples of up-selling, and drink knowledge for a position behind the bar. Finally, a personality test. Took about 30 minutes, asked the same questions in different ways to see if you're being honest.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a Coke." I can think of great descriptions for lots of dishes, but a beverage? Without alcohol? That was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

You must know your stuff. People who are hired at the Capital Grille are required to be nearly expert in all areas of service. This is not a job for first time servers. The interview is just like any other interview. Once you are hired things get a little more difficult. A wealth of knowledge must be absorbed in a relatively short period of time.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you want to work for The Capital Grille?   Answer Question

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

I had the opportunity to be hired as a new store was opening. I loved it! All the opening management staff was friendly, optimistic, and energetic. My interview was basic questions. My training during the restaurant opening was the best experience I have had. It was like attending summer camp.

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Interview

Was a straight forward interview.

Negotiation

Wasn't much to it, as far as servers go you get your 3 bucks an hour and thats that. I made sure I would get at least 30 hours a week and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (Woodbridge, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

I believe the interview process for hourly employees was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. FOH manager, Bar Manager and General Manager. All three of the interviews were professionally conducted with appropriate questions that were within the parameters of the position I applied for. Each of the managers were interested in my prior experience, how I would handle different situations. I also completed an assessment that I assume was to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a high volume restaurant job? What positions have you previously held at that job?   Answer Question

Server Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Akron, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

Quick! phone interview then a one on one then a group interview. They gave me a skills test and then a personality test. managers were professional and I felt that the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no make sure you get a job where it is a busy location.