Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Riverside, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online I got a call back within a week I interviewed with 3 different managers all in one day and got a job offer that day. The interview was fairly easy. They asked me why I wanted to work for the company and how many years of serving experience I have.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Brea, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Short. Was hired right after my first interview. Interview was very short. Walked in spoke with a manager then got passed on to the next manager. Interview questions were very easy. Why do you want to work here. Must have at least 2 years experience serving

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Columbus, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

My initial interview with human resources started off awkwardly as he said that he's not going too interview me, just had be a conversation. At the end, I was told that I'm overqualified and asked if I would even like to proceed. (Very discouraging) After my second interview with an Olive Garden GM and director of operations I was excited for the first time. That interview went well and I was told that I'll be contacted by HR "by tomorrow" with an offer. I was sent an auto generated email one week later. It felt like unorganized and like my time was not respected. I would not work for them in my local market.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within the same week. I was asked to come in to the restaurant for an interview. First interview was about 20 mins and it went well so I was asked to stay for a second interview with the Regional Director and that was about another 25 mins or so. About 10 mins after the second interview I was given the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When a guest seems unhappy and begins to complain about miscellaneous things, what is the first step in creating a solution? How do you compose yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Fresno, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online when I first moved to a new city, and physically brought in my resume to a manager the next day. He told me my resume was impressive and to expect a call about scheduling an interview. I never did. About a month later I saw an ad posted about Yardhouse needing servers, so I called and asked if I should reapply. They said they had my resume on file and scheduled an interview with me. The manager interviewed me and it went very well, he said that they would be interviewing others over the next few days and would call me to schedule a SECOND interview in about 2 days. I never recieved a call, so I called 3 days later to follow up and this time a different manager apologized for wasting my time and said she had no idea why I was interviewed in the first place because they were not currently hiring or holding interviews. I have never come across a more unorganized and unprofessional interview process and management.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you are qualified to work on a fast-paced restaurant such as Yardhouse?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Thorough, multi-level interview process. Questions were fair and not any different from any other restaurant manager interview process that I had taken before. I did not find this process to be difficult and they were very accommodating for all levels of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What were some obstacles I had to overcome as a restaurant manager in a previous job, what my aspirations were, if I needed for people to like me.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

I had about 6 rounds for a Summer Internship role. Most of the rounds were technical oriented. But the interviewers were very friendly and experienced. They would definitely know if you rant around something you have not worked on. They get in detail with every single thing on your resume and extrapolate their questions from your projects into generic data science questions. Overall, it was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend it to someone whois in core data science.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a problem on the fly and asked me how I would go about the statistical analysis to maximize profit and how I would evaluate my model?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about an hour, with 3 interviews back to back with 3 separate managers. I was told I got the job moments after the last of the interviews.

Barback, Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Fresno, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview with three different managers. It was not a very stressful interview process. They ask about relevant experience, future plans, current availability, etc. Dress semi-professional and bring a smile with a positive attitude if you hope to work here.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview with manager, review background, restaurant experience. Review the expectations such as being on time, helpful to the guest, staying calm when guest are upset and be friendly and smile.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever host/hostess in a restaurant?   1 Answer