Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.3

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fun. I walked in with my resume, chatted with the server manager for a few minutes, and then got to talk to the assistant general manager for a while. She was very attentive and interesting. We had a great conversation, after which she hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the Service Manager on 1 day and the Managing Partner the next day. Both interviews were very in-depth and lasted more than 30 minutes each. Although I dressed very smartly in expensive jeans, heels matching belt, bag and blouse and blazer, I was told in my 1st interview to "dress up" to meet with the Managing Partner. So keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• What about me did I think would make me an asset to their team?   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Brief, conversational, lots of Behavioral questions. Some situation questions to see how you would handle things in a specific scenario. Just talked about my life, my history, and my goals. The interviewer was just trying to get a better sense of my background and my current situation in life.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when you had to handle a situation when a co-worker or colleague didn't see eye to eye with you.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The interview went well and I got the job. It was a very basic interview that was incredibly easy.
    After the interview process you will have to go through training classes. The training classes are very easy to get through and take a week long. You will be payed for your training during this time.

Interview Questions

• How well do I interact with people?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Morgantown, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

It started off with an introduction of myself and why I am interested in this company. Then, it moved into a behavioral based question section where I was asked about 5 behavioral based questions. At the end of the interview I was able to ask any questions that I had for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, but you were able to push forward and overcome this obstacle.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed with two managers and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the position and began working there soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment and my education.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professional and courteous. They did a fantastic job of keeping you informed during the process. It takes a while and there are several steps to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview type questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked my qualifications and then they asked why I decided to apply. They also asked how I would respond to certain situations and they asked when my availability was and they asked if I could work nights and also if I could work weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not I had to settle for what a server gets.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was today at 2:30pm. I had a first interview with one manager and when I was finished I had a second interview with another manager. The managers were really welcoming and nice. The manager told me I was hiring on the spot and let me know that I would be starting off serving and then when I get my license I will become a bartender. I have orrientation next week and my training starts soon.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?
      What is good customer service?
      Why apply at Olive Garden?
      Previous jobs and responsibilities?   Answer Question