Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked my qualifications and then they asked why I decided to apply. They also asked how I would respond to certain situations and they asked when my availability was and they asked if I could work nights and also if I could work weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not I had to settle for what a server gets.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was today at 2:30pm. I had a first interview with one manager and when I was finished I had a second interview with another manager. The managers were really welcoming and nice. The manager told me I was hiring on the spot and let me know that I would be starting off serving and then when I get my license I will become a bartender. I have orrientation next week and my training starts soon.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?
      What is good customer service?
      Why apply at Olive Garden?
      Previous jobs and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

First and second interviews with Service and General Manager. Applied on line, got a Call from the manager, Set up interview datę and time. Manager was respecting my time, I did't have to wait too long. Interview laser about 20 min.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Gainesville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Its a 3 interview process. You usually have to go through at least 2 managers first and get their approval
    Before you get to interview with the store manager. He/She makes the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confortable talking to people?   1 Answer

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Brown Deer, WI).

Interview

Filled out online. Manager called to schedule interview. Interview by two Managers. First one was mean 2nd one nice. Didn't get the job cause they don't like you to work with relatives. Say you don't know anyone there!

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

It was a long process. I was interviewed by 3 managers. General manager and she was tough skin! Well worth it. The second manager was the most communicative. The "Good cop, bad cop". The last manager but the first to interview me was the shift manager. Young and laid back, gave me the FYI onto staying there.

Bahama Breeze Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email from them, I called to talk to the manager. I was interviewed on a Wednesday by Shelly. She's very friendly. I brought my resume with me but she didn't ask for it. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked very general questions, then she told me I have a second interview on Friday with the hostess manager. This manager asked me what do I like about Bahama Breeze & what does hospitality mean to me. This interview was short too. She asked about 2 or 3 questions and then told me I got the job.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Towson, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I called in and we set up an appointment for the next day. Met with a harsh lady who asked very simple questions. I came 10 minutes early, but it didn't really matter because she was at least 20 minutes late. Sat me down at a table and rushed through the interview at lightning speed.

To-Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Wentzville, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Walked in and Met with assistant mgr immediately, he set me up with 2nd interview with store manager a week later. He asked Great questions about myself without being too personal.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Valdosta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I called to inquire about my application, luckily I knew the hiring managers name and got an interview soon after. I interviewed with the culinary manager first and then the district manager about a week later. Negotiating pay was like pulling teeth

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be able to follow a recipe   1 Answer