Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy process, talked a lot about past restaurant experience and knowledge of beer and wine. They also asked a lot of situational questions Example: What would you do if you forgot someone's drink, or what would you do if the food was taking too long to come out to a table?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was angry with either the service or the quality of the food?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later got an email that they were interested, interview within a week. Interviewed with Manager, then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to (key to getting job!). Interviewed immediately with Managing Partner. Within 4 hours, got a call that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you provided exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

You must know your stuff. People who are hired at the Capital Grille are required to be nearly expert in all areas of service. This is not a job for first time servers. The interview is just like any other interview. Once you are hired things get a little more difficult. A wealth of knowledge must be absorbed in a relatively short period of time.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you want to work for The Capital Grille?   Answer Question

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It took me 3 hours before I even had my SCHEDULED interview and there was only myself and one other person, when it was my turn, she hadn't even seen my application, nor printed it off. Then, I had to wait for another 10 mins to even get started on my interview.

Because I am worth more than what that company was showing.

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

I met great and friendly people and everyone seemed happy to be here. The team of people were very professional and made me feel welcome. The culture of the panel of interviewers across the enterprise was very diverse and helped me make my decision to be part of the Darden family. So many amazing leaders but what stuck out to me was the amount of women in leadership positions. It was encouraging and promising for a future here at Darden. I am blessed and grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of such great teams and build long lasting friendships.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in September 2014.

Interview

I was applying for a new restaurant opening. Because of that, it was a mass interview with a lot of people going in and out. It began with a small group "peer tour" of the new restaurant. They had the training schedule available. I talked to a manager who ended up only being at that store for 2 months. He asked about previous experience then I was passed off to the store's general manager who asked about my past experience with the company. I was hired offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you've had with a table that involved a problem you had to solve yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Olive Garden Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Darden (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interview, the first they learn about your work history and what why you want to work at their company, the second is with a different manager so they can know more about you and what you offer, then the third is with the GM and is more of a finalization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous restaurant expirience defiantly negotiate hourly pay to more than 9.50.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Took a while for response, but besides that the process was clear. Applied for the position online and waited a while for a response. Was brought in for a first round interview and after a few days heard back that I was invited for a second interview. After a second interview they sent an offer. The interview itself was easy and based of experience and personal traits/skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult guests in order to preserve a positive guest experience?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

initially applied online, was asked to fill out a personality quiz online, then went in for a one on one interview with the assistant manager. After that was asked to come back for an interview with the general manager but this was rescheduled 3 times because the general manager kept going out of town for vacation and other personal reasons. After the interview with the general manager, I was asked to fill out paperwork with 4 other hires and was hired that day.