Darden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in August 2014.

Interview

Initial HR thirty minute phone screen for core competencies. Next week technical thirty minute phone screen with hiring manager . Third week all day on-site 1 on 1 sessions with management.

Interview Questions

• each area asked about situations in their domain. met with all IT divisions   Answer Question

Back Up Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

If Chosen through three interview then you were hired. First is more of your background and first impression. The second more of experience and talents. Lastly your commitment to the job and negotiations.

Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Questions

• I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Certified Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions

• Why would I make a good darden employee?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Darden (McHenry, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

the hiring process was fine communication was fine the interview went great I got the job and the interview did not take very long she was very nice..she also spoke in length about the necessary job at hand and what my responsibilities where to be and it was very acceptable.

Interview Questions

• what would I do with a unsatisfied customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was not a negotiation I have 27 years in customer service I am more than qualified

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a welcomed challenge. It was about 1hr 30 minutes long. I enjoyed my interview by phone. He did his job to the fullest and I thanked him for challenging me. Most phone interviews were a joke in comparison. I enjoyed being challenged by his interview process and skills. The in personal interview with the director took 2 hours, I enjoyed it as well. He cared about my abilities, he asked the same question in many different ways. I felt respected and that he was concerned about me fitting in with what Darden needed and my skills sets. He was a welcomed challenge as well. Most times as a female manager, past experience with interviews were such a joke, but I was very excited that my mind was challenged. Excuse me if I sound narcissistic, not intended. I love working in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• How to go above and beyond guest expectations to wow them?   1 Answer
    • None   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested what I was worth and was told we don't usually hire at that rate. I replied that I was more than worth every penny and more. Two days later I was offered $2k less. I am here to put my all in and welcomed all challenges. I am not afraid to learn new aspects of my job to make me sharper at what I do best, dazzle every guest. It feels great when the day was a challenge. I earn every penny. I will not sit in an office, I am on the floor, in the trenches with my crewmembers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is quite lengthy. Online application followed by some personality tests as well as general knowledge tests just to see what the applicants working with upstairs. If your application and testing are up to par with what they're looking for you will get a call from a hiring coordinator from HR that will ask you a few more questions. Then you will do a video interview with someone from HR. If all goes well to that point you will be set up with a face to face interview with the gm of the store you're applying for. If that goes well you will set up a working interview where you're basically shadowing all different positions throughout the time you're there, learning the layout and meeting the staff to see if you're a good fit and vice versa. After the working interview you'll be set to meet with a district/regional manager and if you've made it this far, just don't be an idiot and you should be on the home stretch. If that goes well then all you can do is sit back and hope you get an offer. It seems like a lengthy process but once you get it started, it goes by pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked my current salary and my desired salary and when I was given the official job offer with a number, it was between my current and desired salary so I asked for a little more just a bit closer to what I was hoping for and they accepted it without hesitation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Server, Catering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Up front with questions that deserve truthful answers. Ask about my expectations. Do I want to grow with co? Do you have a family? Do realize what passion about this job?

Interview Questions

• why did you leave darden after 21 years?   1 Answer