Darden Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Thorough, multi-level interview process. Questions were fair and not any different from any other restaurant manager interview process that I had taken before. I did not find this process to be difficult and they were very accommodating for all levels of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What were some obstacles I had to overcome as a restaurant manager in a previous job, what my aspirations were, if I needed for people to like me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the Recruiter over Skype, we originally connected via LinkedIn. He was very simple after seeing my resume he said he didn't have any questions about my ability to do the job asked me about what my Salary requirements were then set up a time for me to meet with the Director of Ops for the region. Met the DO and was hired within 10 minutes we didn't talk at all about the job really our families and personal stuff one of the most light hearted easy interviews I've ever been on. I was offered the position and accepted after a drug screen and background check they asked me how much I wanted per year and they accepted what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week do you expect to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Meeting with several people over the course of several weeks. It appears that they hire frequently because they are quick to force people out. It definitely has a good old boys mentality. If you are not in with the end crowd do yourself a favor and find another job

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

You are basically interviewed to see if you mention words that are associated with their leadership board. Words like leader, integrity. They actually have a print out of the words they are looking for during the interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the District manager. Called later by the talent acquisition person. Informed of what my salary would be. went into training. Training includes going to Corporate headquarters to speak with higher level management.

Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Portage, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy , I had an original email in July from a recruiting manager, she didn't end up calling until around September. After my phone interview , I had a one on one interview with two regional managers. They asked questions on customer interactions and employee confrontations.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me to answer several questions about customer interactions like if there was a problem how you would handle it. Everything thing else was rather basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Portland, ME) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied on line. Was contacted by HR. Gave a phone interview. Called back for a sit down later. Given a face to face. Offered position later. Benefits we're explained, graded pay scale was explained. Interview took three hours or so.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

depends on who you know

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not difficult

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

first some calls you and interviews you. then you interview with the district manager. Then the person that originally interviewed you over the phone calls you back and offers you a job. IF you don't get a call they decided not to hire you. Easy questions on the phone most are common sense