Darden Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CRM Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a one-hour phone interview with the manager of the position. Second round was a 30-minute phone interview with the head of the CRM division. Third round was a 5+ hour on-site interview with the above-mentioned manager and division head, as well as brand representatives for four Darden brands.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a digital advertising campaign did not perform well, and how you communicated that to your client.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the Recruiter over Skype, we originally connected via LinkedIn. He was very simple after seeing my resume he said he didn't have any questions about my ability to do the job asked me about what my Salary requirements were then set up a time for me to meet with the Director of Ops for the region. Met the DO and was hired within 10 minutes we didn't talk at all about the job really our families and personal stuff one of the most light hearted easy interviews I've ever been on. I was offered the position and accepted after a drug screen and background check they asked me how much I wanted per year and they accepted what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week do you expect to work?   1 Answer

Senior Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on a job site and contacted me. Wasn't really looking for anything but was interested in moving to Orlando so thought I would give it a try. They first asked for me to fill out a online application which they were in a rush to get but no big deal. Then next came a "behavioral assessment" that seemed a little strange. This sort of request is so out of character for most IT positions I almost balked right there. I tried it and it asked inane questions like everyone in the company was expected to have been a server at some point. I have never been a server in a brass and fern bar so really seemed dumb. The questions were like scenarios you would find in one of their restaurants. Next was the tech interview. Spoke with two of their "engineers" and to be honest I thought they sounded like they might have recently been wearing flair in a restaurant days before. Their questions were sophomoric and so simple I could not fathom why they were wasting my time. I really did keep picturing some of the "Chachkies" type employees had moved to their corporate offices. So after several minutes of this, I decided this place would not be for me. Their entire process seemed like it was designed to find the most subservient corporate stooge possible. There are a lot of tech jobs out there and picking the wrong company can result in wasted years. It really took me many a long time to understand this. I still however do like the food at their restaurants. :-D

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Meeting with several people over the course of several weeks. It appears that they hire frequently because they are quick to force people out. It definitely has a good old boys mentality. If you are not in with the end crowd do yourself a favor and find another job

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the Darden website. Received a call from a recruiter about two weeks later. Had a brief 20 minute interview with the recruiter. A few days the recruiter called me back and set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. During that interview, the hiring manager asked me to come back for a full day interview. Meet with six different business partners and team members from 9 am to 4 pm. They provided lunch. It was a long day, and I had to take PTO from my current employer. The recruiter met with me last and went over the benefit package and payroll. (Which really made me feel like I was going to get the job.) The interview was on a Thursday, and by the following Thursday they called me and told me they went with another candidate. At the end, the recruiter gave me a $25 Darden gift card.

Interview Questions

• It was a long day meeting with 6 different employees. I don't recall a specific question. Mostly about job-based questions and how I process information.   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Brief, conversational, lots of Behavioral questions. Some situation questions to see how you would handle things in a specific scenario. Just talked about my life, my history, and my goals. The interviewer was just trying to get a better sense of my background and my current situation in life.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when you had to handle a situation when a co-worker or colleague didn't see eye to eye with you.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professional and courteous. They did a fantastic job of keeping you informed during the process. It takes a while and there are several steps to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview type questions   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They take their recruitment process pretty seriously, investing the amount of time necessary to learn about each candidate they contact. It takes a little while, but they're courteous along the way and always keep you updated. The recruiter contacted me via email and we had a phone screening a few days later. She had me take a skills assessment and then after a few days she invited me to interview in person at a later date. In-person interviews were 2 hours, very organized, and they are extremely welcoming.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with a woman and was told i would hear back in a few days. It was a pleasant experience and the questions were average. The woman was nice and friendly but I don't think I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question