Darden Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick, warm and inviting. I was extended an interview automatically, based on my Darden's TAS ( online evaluation) prescreening assement score. An automated repy, instructing applicaticant to call the restaurant, speak with a manager, and setup an interview will be sent to all scores ranging from 70-100, (100 is the highest possible). On the interview I was offered a beverage, given a warm hand shake and an apology for the short wait. The interviewer was most concerned with my availability, how many shifts I would willing to work and income requirements (average weekly tips). I was asked a series of questions geared towards customer service skills, experience, food/wine/coctail knowledge and salesmanship.

Interview Questions

• I was asked four questions-

1) what is your favorite food? Sell me that dish as if I was a guest.
    2) Is there a difference between service and hospitality? If so, what are the differences?
    3) Can you name four scotchs?
    4) I have several interviews, what sets you apart from the rest and makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Hickory, NC).

Interview

They inquired about sales skills and emphasized the importance of being a salesperson and server. They also provided a breath of information about the history of the company and Thier concerted effort to build loyalty of their clientele.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a pack of artificial sweetener taken from the center of the table . what would be your sales pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went well. They asked about my previous work experience. Also asked if I had beer and liquor knowledge and I did. They told me how they move people up and how busy they are.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the Service Manager on 1 day and the Managing Partner the next day. Both interviews were very in-depth and lasted more than 30 minutes each. Although I dressed very smartly in expensive jeans, heels matching belt, bag and blouse and blazer, I was told in my 1st interview to "dress up" to meet with the Managing Partner. So keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• What about me did I think would make me an asset to their team?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed with two managers and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the position and began working there soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment and my education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked my qualifications and then they asked why I decided to apply. They also asked how I would respond to certain situations and they asked when my availability was and they asked if I could work nights and also if I could work weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not I had to settle for what a server gets.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

First and second interviews with Service and General Manager. Applied on line, got a Call from the manager, Set up interview datę and time. Manager was respecting my time, I did't have to wait too long. Interview laser about 20 min.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process at yardhouse is very quick, spoke with 4 managers in one interview. The training process is what is extensive. 8 days of training, paid, but it is hardcore! Definitely worth putting the time and effort into learning everything though!

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your your previous restaurant job? Why do you like the service industry? Talk about a time that frustrated you and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick process. It is a standard restaraunt interview. They ask you basic questions about past experiences and situations to ensure you can handle the job. Many questions pertain to back of the house as well as the front of the house situations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your ABC permit?   1 Answer