Darden Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Darden Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Darden

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick, warm and inviting. I was extended an interview automatically, based on my Darden's TAS ( online evaluation) prescreening assement score. An automated repy, instructing applicaticant to call the restaurant, speak with a manager, and setup an interview will be sent to all scores ranging from 70-100, (100 is the highest possible). On the interview I was offered a beverage, given a warm hand shake and an apology for the short wait. The interviewer was most concerned with my availability, how many shifts I would willing to work and income requirements (average weekly tips). I was asked a series of questions geared towards customer service skills, experience, food/wine/coctail knowledge and salesmanship.

Interview Questions

• I was asked four questions-

1) what is your favorite food? Sell me that dish as if I was a guest.
    2) Is there a difference between service and hospitality? If so, what are the differences?
    3) Can you name four scotchs?
    4) I have several interviews, what sets you apart from the rest and makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Hickory, NC).

Interview

They inquired about sales skills and emphasized the importance of being a salesperson and server. They also provided a breath of information about the history of the company and Thier concerted effort to build loyalty of their clientele.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a pack of artificial sweetener taken from the center of the table . what would be your sales pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. Simple questions. I had to wait about 2 weeks until I heard back from them. Once you're hired you have Paid training for a week. If you are a Server you get to sample food.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Birmingham, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. They don't seem to believe in a dress code for the process so that can be a pro or a con. Everything changes once you're hired but I enjoy the flexibility of the schedules. It helps when you need a quick dollar on the weekends or in general. But as far as long term goes, I don't see it as a place to truly grow. Im here because it helps make tuition easier to afford.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with a woman and was told i would hear back in a few days. It was a pleasant experience and the questions were average. The woman was nice and friendly but I don't think I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden (Lawrenceville, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was quick not a long process. They asked very basic question and focused on my experience, customer service and my ability to be willing/happy to be of service. Training lasted about a week prior to being on floor with guests.

Interview Questions

• What is your serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went well. They asked about my previous work experience. Also asked if I had beer and liquor knowledge and I did. They told me how they move people up and how busy they are.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Had to interview with MIT's that weren't even gonna be placed at the store in which I applied. So, basically my interview made me feel like I was just a hoop to have the training managers jump through. This was important for me, but didn't feel like it was important to them.
    Shortly after I was hired, all the managers changed. Couldn't really get adjusted to any of them.

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite comedian?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Boardman, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

You walk in they sit u down..make a little small talk and then they get down to business They will ask experience and basic interview questions. If answered correctly they will usually hire on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

It is pretty standard. You apply online, they call you back for an interview. They ask you basic questions. You will be called back for a second interview if the first one goes okay. Similar questions. Then they will let you know if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• If you ask a guest how their food is and they say, "fine". What would you do?   Answer Question