Darling International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Darling International

2.0

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darling International (Ellenwood, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple old school you must go to the facility to fill out an application which is a good thing they just wanted to make sure that you can read and write and then I'll call you for an interview shortly after within a week tops usually

Interview Questions

• pretty straightforward they just go over your availability describe the job just like any other interview   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Darling International (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Do not put much effort in your resume when interviewing with Darling. It is not taken in concideration what youve accomplised and have worked hard for. Youre just another body.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions would be if your resume is actually read.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is negotiable, dont hesitate to ask for atleast 5k more. But back it up with your experience and resume. That will be the only time its read and considered.

Plant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darling International.

Interview

Easy. Person giving interview was only concerned about which shift I was available to work. I had trouble following his line of thought because it seemed he didn't have much education.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darling International in July 2017.

Interview

Two Step process with over the phone interview and in person interview. In person I was interviewed by two people at once and then the office director alone. The interview was very professional and I was treated very kindly by everyone in the building.

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darling International (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

They usually use a staffing agency. Sometimes they run ads for driver in the paper. The driver job is good, for this line of work. Your hours are capped and there is a production bonus. No OTR. They hire people with criminal records, too. So if you have one, just be honest about it on the application. You'll interview with the transportation department for either management or driver. Expect the interview to be confrontational. It is part of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• They are not professional HR people, so you have the opportunity to really direct your own interview. Go in there and dominate the conversation.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They tell you what you're getting and you had better take it. There is no negotiation.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darling International (Ankeny, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

Really relaxed experience. Nothing technical and mostly small talk. Don't say you plan on continuing education, you won't get hired. There is a tour of the facility after the small talk. Seems like it will be a great place, but you can be the judge of that. Just be polite and friendly and you're in.

Negotiation

None

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darling International (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

Lengthy , but it was very easy once I got the interview. I would recommend this job to others, great hours ,pay and benefits are okay
    . Didnt prepare from glassdoor

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darling International.

Interview

Casual interview, only interview with the general manager. Followed up a few times after that. Overall it was a good experience, not too difficult. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darling International (Florence, KY) in February 2019.

Interview

It was outstandingly good, I was walked around the facilities, introduced to other employees, discussed scope of work, discussed all the company benefits, hours of operation, parking spaces, clock in/out policies

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Darling International in December 2014.

Interview

30 minute description of the company/industry performed by two employees
    Handed me brochure that we hand to customers to show different containment options
    Asked me several questions, nothing overly specific to the role

Interview Questions

• Name your favourite course and what you liked the most about it   Answer Question