Dart Container FInancial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dart Container FInancial Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very, very long. It took a few weeks for them to respond to my resume submission and invite me for my first interview. The interview was easy and they ask a lot of behavioral question. I also took an awareness test that was about 20mins in length. It took them 2 weeks to notify me that I had advanced to the next stage of the process and we scheduled an interview for the end of the next week.

There i was asked many similar questions that I was in the first interview, behavioral and some logic questions. I'm not sure if they use this as an intimidation tactic, but they were 30 mins late to the interview that they set the time for. On top of that, I was driving from an hour away and forced my self to arrive 20 mins early. It took another 2 weeks to hear that I had advanced to the final stage in the interview, and we scheduled it for the end of the next week. Again after the hour drive and my early arrival, they were a half hour late to calling me back for the interview that they scheduled the time for. In the final interview, the same person I had in the first two along with one of the managers of the department sat with me. The new interviewer attempted to bond with me over his fraternity because we came from the same school. However, I did not belong to a fraternity and this I could tell disappointed him greatly. I was asked many irrelevant questions, see below for a few, and could tell that any answer I gave was of no interest to him. He did not look at me when I spoke, he got up to adjust the blinds while I was speaking, and he appeared to genuinely not want to be there. It took them three weeks after this interview to notify me via email that I was not selected and they were moving forward with someone else.

I wasted 3-hour long trips, countless time waiting for them to casually call me back for the interview late, and unfortunately I was not selected. But given the fact that they continuously tried to make me feel like I was lucky to be the one interviewing with them, and that the process took from first interview to notification 9 weeks, I think it was fortunate indeed.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell ice to an Eskimo?   1 Answer
  • If a dozen eggs costs $2.40, you go to the store with $20, and you buy 100 eggs, how much change do you get back?   1 Answer
  • What extracurricular activities did you do in high school?   Answer Question
  • Is honesty the best policy?   1 Answer
  • What is your expected compensation? What is your expected compensation in 3 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dart Container

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

Roughly 30 minute interview. Be prepared for skill/knowledge based questions. Same types of questions as mentioned in other posts. Example of questions: How would you price a new product? If the costs to make a product went down 30% how much would you reduce the price? A product costs $60 what is a 15% discount?

Interview Questions

• How would you price a new product?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container in June 2015.

Interview

After I put an application online, I got a phone call from a recruiter (recruiter 1 )3 weeks later. The phone call was to confirm a phone interview with another recruiter (recruiter 2), and I was asked to fill out an information form online about personal information, education, experience, etc.

Phone interview with Recruiter 2 had a lot interesting questions (about 45 minutes). All the questions are basically about:

* scenario/math problems. For example: What are the components of manufacturing costs? If the costs of a product reduced 20%, how much should we reduce the price? etc.10-15 questions in total.

* salary expectations, availability, relocation, etc.

Then I asked a few questions about the position and the company, and the next steps of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• * resume/background. For example: Why choose to attend X school? Why choose Y major? Are you satisfied with your GPA? Best and worst part of working at Z company?

* salary expectations, availability, relocation, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online on company website and received a call from HR. Got phone interview and then interview at the office. Questions were a mix of personal, experience, skills and knowledge. Some of the questions were very irrelevant and the interviewer could have made a better effort to understand the applicant's background and how it may be useful for the job. Questions include how many gas stations are there in the US. Why do you think Dart uses White plastic and pricing scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• There was an aptitude test at the beginning,... about 300 questions not sure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was like a maze. You first take a timed assessment test. If you pass then you have a one on one interview. The interview was rather strange. The manager was very dry and tried to intimidate you. The questions were more focused on getting the answer correct to mathmatic and statistical questions as opposed to questions about skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart Container (Madison Heights, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.

Better offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy and the interview process exhausting. After applying or meeting with a recruiter it was at least six weeks before I heard back. I was first called to schedule a phone interview and after having the phone interview I went to Mason for a first interview and a test. Around a week later I went back to Mason for a second interview. I was told it would be up to a couple weeks before I heard back but before I got home I was called for a third interview and skills test. The interviews each lasted between 2-4 hours, the first with one interviewer, the second with two, and the third with three.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the United States?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Dart has quite the intense interview process. First interview is one on one and you are asked many obnoxious questions such as how many golf balls fit in a school bus. The second interview you are sat down for an hour and a half and grilled like you are in a courtroom. 2 obnoxious and rude managers will treat you like you are nothing to them and will ask you questions that are not possible to answer. They also will ask very personal questions such as where do you live. These questions range from how many gas stations are there in the U.S. too detailed questions about foam and paper cups. Again, retarded, considering you haven't worked in this field. They will try to make you fail and in spite of all this I got a third interview. This interview process lasted 4.5 hours. First, I sat down with three managers who again (you guessed it) asked me questions that have nothing to do with anything. They sat in world war 2 interrogation style across the table from me. Be prepared for them to try to make you angry and upset. The questions range from questions about the price of eggs to questions about grocery stores. At this point in the process, I already had 2 other job offers so I didn't give in to their intimidation. Needless to say, refusing to answer their personal questions didn't help my chances. Then you meet the whole finance team (retarded considering you don't have the job yet). Then you are awkwardly taken out to lunch by 3 members of the finance team you have never met. Needless to say, I will not be starting a career at this place. One last thing, their building is old and looks like a dungeon.

Interview Questions

My career will not begin in a dungeon with stuffy managers who are complete pricks.