Dart Transit Trucking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dart Transit Trucking

1. Featured Interview

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Eagan, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

Was fairly painless and quick. Very open for discussion and very knowlegable when I asked questions. Very informative in explaining the job duties and overall company. Allowed me to ask numerous questions and was very detailed in answering the questions. Very positive in talking about the company and how long he had been here and things he has learned along the way.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone interview firts then in person. The in person inter was barely an interview at all. They just went over the position and what they require. It was really easy I barely talked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Denton, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, in person, Final Interview Consisted of speaking with: senior director of operations and operations supervisor. introduced about the company and the job description.Can you tell me a little about yourself?What do you know about the company?Why do you want this job?

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself?What do you know about the company?Why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Eagan, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy, mostly because the turn over rate for fleet manager is so high. You get a quick phone interview, asked to come in for live interview. Meet with hiring manager, done.

Very basic standard interview questions, what they mostly look for is if you have basic computer skills to learn their in house dispatching software as well as people/customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      What is your salary expectation?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For my situation I was a driver at the time who had 4 years of previous dispatching experience. When they offered me the position it was for $42,500. I countered with $46,000. They came back and agreed on $44,000. Would not go any higher per the VP.

Annual raise is dependent on performance and although I left the company before my review I knew from speaking with my boss that I would be getting the highest possible raise, which was only 4.12%. In my opinion that is very low, especially for ambitious self motivated individuals who are able to exceed expectations.

While there I applied for an internal logistics manager position and got an offer. (logistics manager is the next position up after fleet manager). They offered a pay increase of less than 3%, which if I recalled correctly was only an extra $1,200-$1,400 more. I turned it down because the salary promotion was nonnegotiable. Kind of a slap in the face of you know your worth.

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Buford, GA).

Interview

I applied online.
    A recruiter called and I filled out more online forms,
    Recruiter then starts background check,
    Final phase they call your friends (you give them their info)
    They ask friends if you have done drugs, if you have gone to jail or prison.
     - There is little about what kind of a driver you will be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult actually easier than most. Once accepted you will be given an orientation day. You can choose from a few locations and you always have the right to choose to fly, though recruiter will first ask if you are going to drive or go on a bus. Once you arrive they pay for the hotel and it will have breakfast and a driver to pick you up.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Eagan, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with one person, then with another person. I then worked temp for about four months learning various, learned various programs, learned about different vendors, did very well. I was then offered a permanent position with company and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my stability and ability to commit   1 Answer

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking (Eagan, MN).

Interview

They hire mostly on price. You are the equivalent of a pound of hamburger on sale at your local Walmart. They will have multiple people interview you and ask very detailed information regarding knowledge of CSA2010. Be prepared to have 49 CFR 392-395 memorized to achieve an abismal salary offer.

Interview Questions

• Just remember tires, glass, and lights. Doesn't matter to them if a driver doesn't have brakes as long as his windshield is clean enough to pass an inspection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is take it or leave it. Tell them you want 80,000 and settle for 52,000.

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Transit Trucking in April 2012.

Interview

Sent a follow-up e-mail to HR about resume, then was called in for 1st interview. At the end of 1st interview was scheduled for a 2nd interview a couple days later. The 2nd interview included skills tests on data-entry, Word, Excel, math, and a 1:1 interview with supervisor. After 1:1 interview with potential supervisor was told they'd make decisions, but not a specific date when decisions would be made. Almost a week later I was sent an e-mail to take a personality test. A few days later I was called and offered the position, negotiate salary, and start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went smoothly as the suggested salary exceeded my expectations.