Dartmouth Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2013.

Interview

apply online and get offer later. Not a very difficult process but you need to do some research on the faculty and their research interests for a better chance to get the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dartmouth

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in February 2012.

Interview

They invite you to school for on-campus visit every year in Feb-March. It takes 2 full days. You will meet a lot of professors and talk with them about your research. Very productive and nice interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in January 2009.

Interview

I had an unconventional interview process in that I had not originally applied for graduate school at Dartmouth, but happened to find myself talking to some of the professors. The encouraged me to apply, I was accepted, and that was that. Dartmouth is excellent in that it is a small enough school that individual professors and students can have a big impact on the department, and the upper management has a lot of faith in the professors. Typically, however, the application process consists of making contact with a professor and asking if the are accepting graduate students. This is a critical first step to applying to graduate school. Next, you fill out the online paperwork and send transcripts, etc. If they like you, they will offer you an interview. For the interview, you are flown to Hanover, where there is a recruitment weekend. The recruitment consists of giving a presentation in front of the department, seeing presentations by other applicants and professors (asking questions during these talks is an easy way to make yourself stand out). You will also meet with individual professors at some point. Basically it is a weekend to feel scrutinized, in competition with your peers, and stressed out in general. After that you go home, wait a few weeks and hope to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, there is no negotiating. come on, this is grad school.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

I had a single interview with a friend of Dartmouth... he found me much to unfocused at the time (I was 22) :)