Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.9

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with both HR and the clinical team working in the department. The entire process from start to finish was just under a month. Overall what I gained is so much more than what I had to go through to get it.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when I disagreed with a co-worker or had any turmoil with in my department, how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Clinical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in May 2017.

Interview

Applied at the beginning of the month online, didn't hear back from DHMC until the 14th to schedule an interview. The interview was three days after the initial phone call. Interview lasted about an hour, I met with two members of the team- manager and physician. They were both very friendly and informative, the interview was more enjoyable than I picture it would be.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe your current job duties at your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hernando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Hernando, FL).

Interview

I was interviewed through a hiring agency for the Ophthalmology department. I sent my resume in and from there it was a series of phone interviews and screenings. The job offered great per diem pay, with phenomenal perks.

Interview Questions

• How long I have been working in the Ophthalmic field?   1 Answer

LNA Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in March 2017.

Interview

It took months to get an actual interview. I had to apply multiple times to various units before they contacted me to come in and meet with someone. The interview was a good experience though. There were two women that I met with, both extremely friendly. The interview took about 45 minutes and ended with a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working and had to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in February 2017.

Interview

All day interview meeting with many persons. They were not able to or not willing to show current work projects. The entire interview process exceeded three months. I finally received a decline when I requested an answer. This despite continued contact from the HR screener. Their hiring manager could not be bothered to follow up or reply to their internal HR inquiries. It doesn't seem that they do not have many qualified candidates for my narrow field. However, they are also not willing to pay market rate. HR screener indicated that a local candidate was chosen. However, knowing the rareness of my skills and experience I find it unlikely. Considering they paid for an on-site interview AND encouraged me to bring my family on the trip (at my expense) AND THEY set me up with a realtor during the visit sent messages that I was the preferred candidate. Such an extended interview process demonstrates little respect. Bottom line: they seem snobbish.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in December 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone and in person interview for an RN position. The phone interview with HR is super basic and has nothing to do with nursing. They seemed to rush me off the phone and couldn't care less about my responses. The in-person experience with hiring manager was a lot better, and I felt more valued, except for the pay. Yikes, it's low and the benefits are crummy with super high deductibles and out of pocket maximums.
    Disorganized, inattentive and unresponsive HR. The follow up was really poor. HR couldn't answer basic information about the position and benefits and just didn't return my calls. One of the scheduled interview screening times they simply blew off which was unprofessional. It was difficult to reach anyone to answer my questions; which genuinely gave me the impression that I either wasn't going to be hired or that the position wasn't really available, neither of which was the case as I was ultimately offered a position.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interview was professional, thoroughly enjoyed the employees who performed the interview. Gained a lot of interest and was treated with respect. The HR department however had offered the position, I was given a start date, went through a physical, drug testing etc successfully and 3 day's prior to employment my offer was retracted. This is after I quit my job, I was confident with my start date as I completed all demands, and or requirements successfully and the process gave me plenty of time for a 2 week notice. Very unprofessional and lack of communication on behalf of the HR department specifically Patty.

Clinical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

Phone interview, then there was a much more in-depth meet-and-greet with the rest of the team. Although friendly, the administrative staff were very direct and efficient, and I was placed in a conference room to meet with them in groups of three. We concluded with a tour of the department, and communication has been clear and consistent through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the qualities that make you a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question
    • Describe a negative customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • They asked several program-specific questions regarding outlook, share point, and excel.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview

Very thorough and detailed. I interviewed with HR first over the phone, then I spike with the manager of the department, I then intereviewed with a second person in HR, a nurse from the floor, and the manager of Primary care.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview

Interviewed for new grad program. Great experience, very personable, flexible, and informative. Good starting pay with differentials. Questions were welcomed and thoroughly answered. Honestly the best interview experience I've had. I was called for an interview about two months after applying.