Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interview Questions in Lebanon, NH | Glassdoor

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interview Questions in Lebanon, NH

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with both HR and the clinical team working in the department. The entire process from start to finish was just under a month. Overall what I gained is so much more than what I had to go through to get it.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when I disagreed with a co-worker or had any turmoil with in my department, how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in February 2017.

Interview

All day interview meeting with many persons. They were not able to or not willing to show current work projects. The entire interview process exceeded three months. I finally received a decline when I requested an answer. This despite continued contact from the HR screener. Their hiring manager could not be bothered to follow up or reply to their internal HR inquiries. It doesn't seem that they do not have many qualified candidates for my narrow field. However, they are also not willing to pay market rate. HR screener indicated that a local candidate was chosen. However, knowing the rareness of my skills and experience I find it unlikely. Considering they paid for an on-site interview AND encouraged me to bring my family on the trip (at my expense) AND THEY set me up with a realtor during the visit sent messages that I was the preferred candidate. Such an extended interview process demonstrates little respect. Bottom line: they seem snobbish.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interview was professional, thoroughly enjoyed the employees who performed the interview. Gained a lot of interest and was treated with respect. The HR department however had offered the position, I was given a start date, went through a physical, drug testing etc successfully and 3 day's prior to employment my offer was retracted. This is after I quit my job, I was confident with my start date as I completed all demands, and or requirements successfully and the process gave me plenty of time for a 2 week notice. Very unprofessional and lack of communication on behalf of the HR department specifically Patty.

Clinical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

Phone interview, then there was a much more in-depth meet-and-greet with the rest of the team. Although friendly, the administrative staff were very direct and efficient, and I was placed in a conference room to meet with them in groups of three. We concluded with a tour of the department, and communication has been clear and consistent through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the qualities that make you a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question
    • Describe a negative customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • They asked several program-specific questions regarding outlook, share point, and excel.   Answer Question

Imaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

To long between interview and hiring. Did not explain what the job entitled fully. Needed a better focus on the job and have a chance to ask other employees about the work.

Interview Questions

• How well you work under stress   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

It took several months to get a call for an interview. The interview process was in two stages. Once, with HR, just a simple overview and tentative offer. The second was with the head of the department. I had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "What do you prefer in a supervisor?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they followed a strict guideline that involved former payscale and experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interviewers were pleasant and easy to speak with; it was more conversation which is the kind of interview I prefer. At the end I asked about next steps and was anticipating a second interview to be scheduled the following week, but they ended up hiring internally without doing the second round. Despite this, I rather enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were posed. I was asked to describe a project that did not come out quite as I had hoped and what I would have done differently.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interview was very low key. They asked me "Why DHMC?" "Why the Research Coordinator position?" and then asked me a lot about my interests and goals. Much of the time involved me asking them questions, which was very important.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "how long do you see yourself working here?" I thought this job was typically about a 2 year position. They want someone for longer, and made that clear to me in the interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

Standard interview process and questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

Called for an interview, which lasted an hour. Two weeks later requested an in person interview, which lasted all day. This was broken up into one hour blocks. Met with both managers and employees in two groups, nurse managers and lastly Human resources (HR). Each block I had questions that varied from benign to difficult opinion based. The all day part was very well organized and followed an itinerary.

Interview Questions

• How well is your knowledge of process management.   1 Answer

I could tell from the beginning the managers where having a power struggle or did not have a clear direction for the department. The immediate manager probably would not have been the most satisfactory to be employed by. Might have used or using a Human resources model of management (not to be confused with HR dept.) that would harbor a sense of future resentment among the employees.
    Considering the location and scope of the facility the initial offer should have been higher.