Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dartmouth Interview Questions

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
    Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Online Interview through Go To Meeting -Panel of 3 Interviewers - Open ended questions related to instructional design process (describe your process of planning an instructional lesson/training, how would you determine if students were making progress in self-paced environment?, etc.). Interview team was professional and friendly. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Made timeline clear and followed timeline. Positive experience.

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

It was a very lengthy interview process... multiple interviews/chats, a panel phone screen, long visit with a nice tour. Everyone was friendly though! I wouldn't recommend going out of your way unless you LOVE Dartmouth... as these people clearly do, which is a great thing. Location isn't especially great if you are not accustomed to NH life.

Senior Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

One of the most streamlined interview processes I've had. Worked with one contact in the hiring department. Had a phone screening for the position with her. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. About two weeks after that I was contacted to make arrangements to travel to campus for an on-campus interview. I appreciated that they gave me two weeks notice to inform my current employer. They made my travel arrangements and were very helpful. I had four different sessions and I thought the first three went well, but I could tell the division VP didn't like me in the last session (he was very, very obvious about that). A week after my return, I received a detailed letter explaining why they hadn't chosen me, which I expected after the last session. I appreciated the detail in the response, so many people just blow you off when you are not selected. My reimbursal for travel expenses was also very quick. Overall, a pretty pleasant interview experience even if the only thing that came out of it was a chance to spend some time in that part of the country - it's so beautiful there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Very complicated, intensive process overall. First a phone interview with HR Manager, then in-person interview with HR Manager, which included correcting a writing sample for them to "grade" later. I then had to have another interview with HR where I had thirty minutes to write a letter describing what I felt the position to entail, after a conversation with the HR Manager when I could ask questions, etc. Finally, there was marathon afternoon of interviews, after which I barely knew my name. I met with 7 different people over three hours. Some where group interviews and some where one-on-one. Some where intense firing squad questions, some were more laidback, casual conversations. I was pleased the organization takes so much time and effort to hire the right people, but it was not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What would be most difficult about this position for you?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

I had a single interview with a friend of Dartmouth... he found me much to unfocused at the time (I was 22) :)