Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Princeton, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was set up through phone and email, I had a Skype interview a month after the initial application was submitted. They kept me appraised of the timeline and it was the best processes I have encountered thus far.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose archives rather than pursue archeology?   Answer Question

Interview

I was asked my past work experience and why I was interested in the job. I gave them a resume and they told me they would update me about the status.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with computers?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

I have spent the entire day at Dartmouth. However, it was a very pleasant experience.
    I have met my future boss and other professors. We did not have a strict schedule, everything was very flexible.
    Every single person was so easy going. We talked about science in general, about research in lab, and about transferability of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How is it possible to build the bridge between your skill set and our needs?   1 Answer

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

After submitting the original application, candidates were selected to be interviewed by a panel of admissions officers. Most of it was to assess public speaking skills, and how well you can articulate and relay information in a concise and engaging manner.

Interview Questions

• A 30 second pitch for an admissions-related topic (e.g., quarter system; study-abroad)   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

The process simply involves either you contacting the prof or the prof contacting you to be a TA for his or her class. If your performance in the class was satisfactory then you get the job. Application to each course happens every term.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
    Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

There was no formal interview process, just the submission of application materials. My impression is that GRE scores and entrance essays seem to carry a lot of weight, so I would spend some time studying for the GRE and also crafting your entrance essays.

Interview Questions

• Some professors will directly ask you what you want to study while at Dartmouth. Have something in mind to say.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Stay far, far away. My experience applying for and interviewing for an executive assistant role has been nothing short of surreal. The process was grueling - a phone screen, 2 writing assignments, on campus interview, case study, another on campus interview, multiple phone calls. The require 5 references and a background check, in addition to speaking with your current supervisor. I refused to let them contact my current boss and they lost it. Received angry phones, accused me of being disingenuous through the interview process and basically try to bully me into doing what they wanted. Never, ever have had any experience like this before.

Interview Questions

• The wanted to speak with my current employer   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Online Interview through Go To Meeting -Panel of 3 Interviewers - Open ended questions related to instructional design process (describe your process of planning an instructional lesson/training, how would you determine if students were making progress in self-paced environment?, etc.). Interview team was professional and friendly. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Made timeline clear and followed timeline. Positive experience.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks before classes started. i had to show i was capable of helping students with the subject area I assisted the professor with. It was more like can I do the job interview and my availability.