Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

I had a single interview with a friend of Dartmouth... he found me much to unfocused at the time (I was 22) :)

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

It's almost the same thing to apply for graduate schools. You take GRE, Sub and write personal statement and apply.
    No interview.
    There's campus visit for us students. No such thing for international students, so you have to learn more about this place by yourself.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2014.

Interview

There was no real formal interview process for this. No formal questions although background on classes taken and knowledge of state was required for the overall hiring process through the Economics department.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions involved.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in September 2011.

Interview

Get an A in the class that you want to tutor. After that, discuss the following questions:
    - Why do you want to be a tutor?
    - What class do you want to tutor?
    - Is there anyone in particular who you are trying to tutor?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a tutor?
      What class do you want to tutor?
      Is there anyone in particular who you are trying to tutor?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth in January 2007.

Interview

Wrote to my prospective supervisor asking if there was an opening for a postdoc. Interview consisted of dinner with a prospective colleague the night before, a one hour seminar on the day of the interview followed by 30 to 60 minute one on one interviews with each of the current lab members. Job was offered on the same day as interview and accepted after two weeks.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in March 2007.

Interview

HR contacted me about their interview offer. Setting up a time was easy, but for some reason, the interviewer had a hard time finding a place to interview me because the center was located in a remote place while their real buidling was newly being constructed. I found the interview to be simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR is not as efficient as it appears to be at the time of your interview. So be wary of your salary. In case of receiving an hourly offer, be sure to ask about overtime as a first thing. Otherwise, you won't get the overtime opportunity.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Short Interview with the concerned professor.
    Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application and had an interview a week later. Interview was mainly gauging how passionate you were about the job, if you were competent, and if you understand what the job description really meant (beyond the words)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered alcohol in a residence hall?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dartmouth in May 2011.

Interview

Very friendly and approachable director. Interview process wasn't too hard and the center was very inviting. Employees where easy to work with and training was provided for employees to up to date on child development.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the center?   1 Answer