Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dartmouth (London, England (UK)).

Interview

General questions about professional experiences and education. We went through my resume and asked about my interest in the company. I did not receive any feedback even after I asked for it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company? How would you behave in this scenario?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH) in February 2013.

Interview

Day one involved many interviews (about 8) with different PIs lasting around a half-hour each. PIs will ask about Following this, there is a get together for dinner. Day two involved touring different labs and learning more about the program requirements.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your research experience? Have you been in charge of an independent research project?   1 Answer

Interview

I was asked my past work experience and why I was interested in the job. I gave them a resume and they told me they would update me about the status.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with computers?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

I have spent the entire day at Dartmouth. However, it was a very pleasant experience.
    I have met my future boss and other professors. We did not have a strict schedule, everything was very flexible.
    Every single person was so easy going. We talked about science in general, about research in lab, and about transferability of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How is it possible to build the bridge between your skill set and our needs?   1 Answer

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

After submitting the original application, candidates were selected to be interviewed by a panel of admissions officers. Most of it was to assess public speaking skills, and how well you can articulate and relay information in a concise and engaging manner.

Interview Questions

• A 30 second pitch for an admissions-related topic (e.g., quarter system; study-abroad)   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

The process simply involves either you contacting the prof or the prof contacting you to be a TA for his or her class. If your performance in the class was satisfactory then you get the job. Application to each course happens every term.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2013.

Interview

apply online and get offer later. Not a very difficult process but you need to do some research on the faculty and their research interests for a better chance to get the opportunity.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
    Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

There was no formal interview process, just the submission of application materials. My impression is that GRE scores and entrance essays seem to carry a lot of weight, so I would spend some time studying for the GRE and also crafting your entrance essays.

Interview Questions

• Some professors will directly ask you what you want to study while at Dartmouth. Have something in mind to say.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH) in February 2012.

Interview

I directly contacted a principal investigator to express interest, sending in a cover letter and CV. I was invited to come visit, at which time I gave a short "job talk", met with faculty and staff, and discussed potential projects with the PI. An informal offer was made on site, and a formal written offer followed.