Dartmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2013.

Interview

apply online and get offer later. Not a very difficult process but you need to do some research on the faculty and their research interests for a better chance to get the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• which area are you interested in for graduate research   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
    Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

There was no formal interview process, just the submission of application materials. My impression is that GRE scores and entrance essays seem to carry a lot of weight, so I would spend some time studying for the GRE and also crafting your entrance essays.

Interview Questions

• Some professors will directly ask you what you want to study while at Dartmouth. Have something in mind to say.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH) in February 2012.

Interview

I directly contacted a principal investigator to express interest, sending in a cover letter and CV. I was invited to come visit, at which time I gave a short "job talk", met with faculty and staff, and discussed potential projects with the PI. An informal offer was made on site, and a formal written offer followed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Stay far, far away. My experience applying for and interviewing for an executive assistant role has been nothing short of surreal. The process was grueling - a phone screen, 2 writing assignments, on campus interview, case study, another on campus interview, multiple phone calls. The require 5 references and a background check, in addition to speaking with your current supervisor. I refused to let them contact my current boss and they lost it. Received angry phones, accused me of being disingenuous through the interview process and basically try to bully me into doing what they wanted. Never, ever have had any experience like this before.

Interview Questions

• The wanted to speak with my current employer   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

I was overseas so the interview was done over Skype. Chatted with a bio professor and his grad student together. Didn't ask hard questions, mostly about the research i did as an undergrad. They also asked if i knew a specific type of PCR, I said I didn't... Than after about twenty minutes we started talking about the weather and day to day stuff... it was overall pretty pleasant and easy.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is incredibly informal. The purpose is more to ensure you're familiar with the general workings of the library and research processes and could help someone with very general questions. You're not required to have an in-depth knowledge as those can go to your supervisor, and you're more or less responsible for knowing what direction to point someone in.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin to assist someone with a research project?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Online Interview through Go To Meeting -Panel of 3 Interviewers - Open ended questions related to instructional design process (describe your process of planning an instructional lesson/training, how would you determine if students were making progress in self-paced environment?, etc.). Interview team was professional and friendly. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Made timeline clear and followed timeline. Positive experience.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process for Dartmouth is quite low key. Current students take prospective students through the labs & around the local area. Prospective students meet with up to 6 principal investigators to discuss research interests and better give them the opportunity to choose rotation labs.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to pursue a graduate degree?
      What are your areas of interest for research?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in October 2012.

Interview

Referred by a friend and interview process was pretty basic...average questions about experience and skills. I met with my soon-to-be supervisor and it was very relaxed. I didn't have to meet with anyone else and I received a call a week later to let me know I received the job and the salary, etc.
    It really depends on what department and for what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question