Dartmouth PhD Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.7

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Student Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Five interviews in a day, 30 min each.
Graduate students also have a say in this process, need to mingle with them during lunch time and the party, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dartmouth

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH) in February 2013.

Interview

Day one involved many interviews (about 8) with different PIs lasting around a half-hour each. PIs will ask about Following this, there is a get together for dinner. Day two involved touring different labs and learning more about the program requirements.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your research experience? Have you been in charge of an independent research project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

I was overseas so the interview was done over Skype. Chatted with a bio professor and his grad student together. Didn't ask hard questions, mostly about the research i did as an undergrad. They also asked if i knew a specific type of PCR, I said I didn't... Than after about twenty minutes we started talking about the weather and day to day stuff... it was overall pretty pleasant and easy.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

It's almost the same thing to apply for graduate schools. You take GRE, Sub and write personal statement and apply.
    No interview.
    There's campus visit for us students. No such thing for international students, so you have to learn more about this place by yourself.

Negotiation