Data Recognition Corporation Reader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Sharonville, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

After listening to a presentation about the company, we had to take a qualifying exam, which took around 15 minutes. We were then individually interviewed. The interview was very easy. Asked questions about myself, past experiences, and why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to DRC when I saw it on Indeed.com. After I submitted the resume or application it said the next step was for me to go to a recruiting event. The next event was the next morning. I went to the event. They had me write a sample essay and answer some k-12 level math problems. After that the woman interviewed me for maybe 10-15 minutes. The interview was relatively easy.
    But make sure to bring your original diploma for your college degree! I assumed I could just show them proof of my graduation on my laptop but that wasn't enough. I made another trip back there to show them my actual diploma.

It was only 2 days from when I initially applied, took the pre-employment tests, and finished the interview. But I didn't make it back there until two weeks later to show my diploma. I got an offer letter in the mail 1 month after that. The job offer was for a project that started 2 months after I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Completing the essay and sample math questions was more difficult than anything I was asked in the interview!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Woodbury, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

1st a phone interview. Then an in-person interview. During the in-person interview you must take a written test in various subjects. The interview itself was pretty standard with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• The written test had math word problems and a few algebraic equations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Sharonville, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I attended an open interview and orientation session at DRC with a member of the management team, and I was offered a Reader position on the spot. I was told I would be contacted within a few days regarding an upcoming project, and the same individual followed-up as promised.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about responses on my application and previous work experience. The interview was relaxed and more conversational than typical interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I answered an ad in the paper, and they called me and asked me to come in for an interview. The lady asked me maybe five or ten questions, pertaining to my ability to show up and do the job. When they were finished interviewing me, they told me that they could start me in a week or two.
    I came away with the impression that their only requirements were a college education, a pulse, and a sense of punctuality.

Interview Questions

• What's your education level?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

They want to know if you're capable of following orders like a good factory worker. That's all. Just say that you have no opinions on education and you'll just do whatever they say.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I found a posting on the jobs section of the newspaper. It said they were looking for temporary workers to grade standardized tests. For the hiring event, you have to bring a diploma or transcripts. Only those with college degrees can apply. At first, we took a skills test on high school level math and writing. After that, we had a somewhat quick one-on-one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Sharonville, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

They had a short presentation on the job. There were two short test (very short and easy). You had to take orginal degrees or transcripts of Bachelors degree or higher. Then there was a short one on one interview. You were then offered the job or not and told what assignment you were on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial contact usually through referral. They also advertise in January and February. They call you for an interview and have you score a sample test on computer. Then let you know if you are hired. Only requirement is a college degree. for the first, they do not guarantee anny work. After that, if your work is acceptable, they generally contact you early in teh year with a schedule, then let you know when your first project is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They hire you or not and have a fixed salary to start. It tends to go up slightly every year. Some people get promoted to team leader and eventually scoring director. they do not share what the criteria is.

Reader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in May 2009.

Interview

Was contacted within a few weeks of submitting an online application to attend an "open house" at the company. Event began with a presentation about the nature of the work. Next, administered an exam covering high school-level science, mathematics, grammar, and writing. Was called in for a fifteen-minute interview half an hour after the exam.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here, and how do you think this job will benefit your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable.