Data Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Data Strategy

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Data Strategy

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Strategy in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the territory sales rep over the phone. Followed by another phone interview with the director of sales - Ohio Valley

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - just carry on a good conversation and express appropriate interest   Answer Question

My first reason was that I never even got the opportunity to meet anyone from the company in person. I was given a job offer after 2 phone interviews - one with the territory sales rep and the other with the director of sales. Also, the position required me to relocate to Grand Rapids for training for a time period of around 6 months and then immediately after relocate again to Indianapolis. The company was not willing to offer any relocation assistance. The starting salary for training was also much lower than I would accept. Overall, my decision was based on what I could financially afford at the time and unfortunately the company was not willing to invest in talent.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Data Strategy (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Process was typical for an IT sales organization.

Started with a phone screening interview, then scheduled a face-to-face interview over coffee. The person setting up the interviews, wasn't skilled in the process of recruiting, and I could tell they hadn't recruited before (which was fine), but it was a concern and left me wondering about the company. The process was drive through an account manager.

The initial call was quick and fairly vague about the overall picture of the opportunity. They wanted to understand my background and experience, and what I was looking for in my next career move. I asked a few questions about the role, and I was intrigued enough to get to a face to face interview.

During the face-to-face interview, I met with someone that I hadn't talked to before, and he knew nothing about me. I didn't mind that, but he was also late to the meeting, so it didn't leave a good impression overall.

They asked background questions regarding my resume & work history. But their questions were typical, "Tell me about yourself?", "What are you looking for in your next career move?" "What do you know about Data Strategy?" "Why did you leave here...?" Etc...

The interviewer gave me a chance to ask questions, which I did. I asked about their business, growth, future plans with the company, etc... Trying to get an understanding on direction. I also asked about local market, team, reason for opening, and the overall opportunity.

Data Strategy claimed to be the top EMC reseller in Indiana, though I'd never run into them over my 7+ years in IT hardware & services sales. They followed that up, by stating Indiana was a growth market for them buy EMC loved them as their go to partner. I wanted to understand their resources locally, etc...

The tone of the interviewer was fairly negative personality. They didn't do a great job selling the company or the overall opportunity for the role. Which caused me to ask about overall earning expectations earlier than I normally would in the interview process.

I was very surprised by the response, and shocked that they didn't qualify previous earnings in the initial recruiting call. They told me first year at plan was expected to be around $60-65K, with reps can make it close to $100K by 2nd year or 3rd year.

Based on my previous experience, Data Strategy's base was at the low end for a technology reseller, they had a limited amount of options to sell, and it sounded like previous sales experience wasn't highly considered, when considering title & compensation.

I withdrew my name from consideration for the role within the hour, and wished them luck with their search.

Interview Questions