Datameer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing & Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiting team were very prompt and helpful during the interview process. Whole process took about 1 week. I had a round of 5 interviews on site and a phone interview prior. The employees were very honest during the interview process regarding the current outlook of the company. This position offered great career advancement potential while providing high visibility. Overall, I had a great experience during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• SalesForce administration + Marketo + engagio related questions.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their initial recruiters via Linked In and walked thru the job requirements. I was then scheduled to speak with another recruiter. In the two days that occurred between the discussions the job requirements changed drastically (yet not on their job listing on their website, I checked). The second recruiter was only willing to speak to me if I had EXTENSIVE big data experience and could discuss it technically. Needless to say the call didn't progress as she couldn't get past the fact that I have minimal experience in Big Data, yet I do have 20+ yrs of building and growing inside sales teams. Which is what was a major requirement on the job listing. Go figure, if you have big data experience but no nothing about building sales teams... you are a shoo in. I was not at all impressed with the process.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your knowledge of Big Data and Hadoop   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process with Datameer felt much more official than many of the other interviews I've been on. The HR team has a big hand in the process, including specifically designed interview questions and careful note taking. They asked many behavioral "what-if" scenario questions which were highly thought-provoking. I felt in my attempt to answer each question, I ended up revealing much more (than just answering the questions) about my prior work experiences... While I felt this type of interview process was more challenging than most, it's clear that Datameer was able to learn much more about me than if they were to stick with traditional and/or close-ended questions. Overall the tone of conversation was quite jovial, and you could tell that the office environment and culture was a fun place to be.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably: "Explain a time when you faced a very difficult situation in the work place, and what you did to resolve the situation."   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Several interviews with Product Marketing, Sales and Sr Leadership. I also met with the HR lead to review my background and explain benefits and stock. At the time the CEO was also interviewing all candidates. This was a great opportunity to meet with him to better understand the company's direction.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle coming from a big company to a small one?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter over a year ago. Was interested to went with it. Interviewed on phone with RVP. Went Well. Interviewed with WW VP. Went well. Heard nothing. Approached by another recruiter. I replied and was told WWVP and original recruiter had both left. I was advised to reapply on line which I did. Got a call back from another recruiter who said 2nd recruiter has left. Was encouraged to reach out to original RVP. A fourth recruiter called me at home late at night and questioned my extensively about my knowledge of the market. He was v apologetic and said would be interested in keeping in contact!

Interview Questions

• How did I see the current market & conditions. My motivations for leaving my current role etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Datameer (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Telephone screening with recruiter followed by on-site with recruiter and hiring manager.

The recruiter was a through professional and pleasant to talk to. The hiring manager however was one of the unusual interviewers I had ever met. Never let me finish, always cut through my answers. Extremely aggressive in approach and questioning.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy. I was solicited by HR staff for an interview and then couldn't get a response for almost a full year after responding. Once again contacted by HR staff a year later. CEO's accent was impossible to understand over the phone

Interview Questions

• All questions were very typical and not good at all, I don't feel that many things were relevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When hired, you get stock options that won't be vested until four years later, not confident that the company will be around for that amount of time so I opted for higher pay.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Mateo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical experience questions...tell me about a time you..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

3 to 5 days

Director Sales Operations & Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Mateo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Really enjoyed everyone I met and in the end, it was the people that sold me on the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your team and how you manage   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard, straight forward and no surprises.