Dataprise Network Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dataprise Network Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dataprise (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial screening was about the role and what it entails. Got a call from a recruiter for this position, Spoke with her for roughly 10 mins. Recruiter was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What does FSMO stand for in Active Directory   1 Answer
  • Define the 4 stages in DHCP   1 Answer
  • How do you renew/release IP addresses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dataprise

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dataprise (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very direct and to the point. I felt like I clicked very nicely with the people I interviewed with but more importantly, It went quick because I felt like I was talking to actual people and not robots

Interview Questions

• What are looking for in your next job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dataprise (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a dataprise recruiter. A few weeks later, I was told that the head of the department I was applying for left the position for another position. A little more time passed and finally the head of the department finally gave me call to interview me.
    The phone interview did not last long as I myself did not feel it was a good fit for the position.

Network Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dataprise.

Interview

Lots of interviews! Technical assessments were fair and relevant and you can tell there is a focus on making sure you're a fit culturally as well. They definitely understand that you can teach someone to be a tech - you can't teach someone people skills.

Interview Questions

• What needs to be done on a firewall to make Exchange accessible externally?   Answer Question

Network Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dataprise.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. I went through 5 people total. First the recruiter, then the head of HR, then a team lead of my position, Director of Tech Services and finally the VP of Tech Services. It's pretty straight forward with their questions. Obvious personality, career and tech questions so they can gauge how well they think you'll fit in the goal of their business plan. It is one of the nicest parts of the company, they are very open about what they want and what they offer.

Interview Questions

• A customer complains that they are getting emails bounced back, how do you troubleshoot?   1 Answer

Network Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dataprise in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long as I had it with several different individuals. Some were straight forward technical questions and some were more of behavioral questions. I did not apply for this position, in fact I was reached out via LinkedIn but happen to be looking for a job. It worked out pretty well.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dataprise (Rockville, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Took me three days, two phone interviews, 3 skype interviews and vigorous skills tests. At the end it was worth it. If you get a job offer from Dataprise, you deserve a pat on your back and do not forget to call your mom because this is one of the biggest hurdle you may have crossed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dataprise (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Initial communication was via a Dataprise recruiter, very professional but friendly. There was an initial phone interview composed of some knowledge screening from the recruiter and then subsquently a more in-depth portion with one of the Team Leaders.

The next interaction was a face-to-face with the HR director and the Team Leader I would be working with. Questions from the HR director were more psychological and attempts to gauge my tone/demeanor. The Team Leaders questions were obviously of a technical nature. Some general infrastructure questions and then open ended questions "what would you do if one of the clients servers was out of warranty but still functioning..." type stuff. Most of the questions were troubleshooting in nature - "user calls saying they can't get email, how do you resolve issue."

I was called in for the next series of face-to-face interviews with a Vice President and I think the Director of Support or something or other? As in the other interviews, the questions were heavily focused on troubleshooting. Then at the end, the conversation turned a more dark tone. Mostly centered around the fact that the position calls for a lot of movement. Time is of the essense when solving problems. That stress is very high. The point was made that there is a high stress, disaster recovery issue every month and whether I can I handle that level of stress. Which really made me think WHY are there so many issues in the first place?

I can understand that they are trying to weed out candidates that really just want to sit and wait for a log alert to roll in and who will quickly cave in from a heavier workload. Unfortunately, at the end of the interview they pretty much convinced me that the position would entail misery and overwork...not really a winning strategy to bring talent in. Maybe if their approach were just a little more subtle.

I couldn't gauge much about the employees, office or work culture. Everyone seemed pleasant!

Oh and don't mention maintaining a modicum of quality of life. They did not seem to take that aspiration well. Again, it may just be impressions but is anybody really looking for a job that stresses them out? Maybe just phrase it as "challenging"?

Interview Questions

• "Are you ready to deal with a serious disaster once a month?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dataprise (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Very technical. First interview is with HR, then technical manager, then department. If you do not fit in the position you're applying for, be open to asking for another position like Help Desk.

Interview Questions

• Questions about network, firewalls, domain controller functions, group policies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dataprise (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by one of Dataprise's recruiters. They scheduled a 20 minute phone interview. The interview was professional, and courteous. I was asked if I had break fix experience. The interviewer stated the salary range of the position with a $10k lower high end than I'd seen advertised for this opening. I was told a second interview would be scheduled, or not, by decision of the team manager. I was notified several days later, Dataprise would keep my resume on file, but were not interested at this time. I appreciated the quick response, and being notified of their decision.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were basic. I was asked what command releases a computer's dhcp address. I was asked what I would do to troubleshoot a workstation with failed network connectivity. I was asked which version of MS Exchange first required IIS.   Answer Question