Datawatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Datawatch Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Datawatch (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

It wasn't a good interview process. I didn't feel like I got a chance to let them know I really was my skills and I really had. It seemed like they already knew who they wanted and just was trying to get this out of the way. I also think they should have had other people interview me to get multiple outlooks not just one person

Sales Renewal Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datawatch (Bedford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the controller who had doubts about my ability to handle the volume and dollar amount of contracts they were processing. I have more than 8 years of experience in contract renewals just smaller accounts.

He still had me come in for an in person interview where I met the manager, a representative, HR and the controller. All seemed pretty positive regarding my background even though the controller had doubts about my abilities.

Had a third interview, where it was a group interview with the same three people. Towards the end of the interview I knew I was not going to accept the position if they were to offer me the position. If a prospective employer has doubts regarding my abilities, not only do I have professional references but I currently have a workload twice of that they were handling. The dollar amount of my contracts was smaller, however I have a proven track record of handling renewals.

If I wasn't interested in what the company does, I would not have continued. All in all, a neutral/negative experience and true waste of my time. Do not recommend.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Datawatch.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, until the end of the second round. I asked what the next step was and the reply was *an offer* - and then I gave my salary requirements, references, etc. I was told they would be in touch ASAP. A week later I checked in and was told there were other applicants going through the process. Needless to say - I was stunned. When I wrote back saying that I thought we were discussing an offer, I was told *oh no, I was just getting your info in case of an offer*. This went on and on for 2 more weeks, until I was told that they made an offer to another candidate. So either there was a REALLY big miscommunication, or they made an offer to the late-breaking candidate and had me on the hook until negotiations were settled. Needless to say, a negative experience.

Full Time Entry Level Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Datawatch (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people so it was kind of exhausting. The first guy was really cool and laid back. The second guy seemed like he never had done an interview before and did not know what to ask me so it got pretty awkward. The last guy just did not stop talking so I did not even get a word in. HR lady was very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Datawatch in August 2010.

Interview

Very easy. I meet with two individuals who both asked the same questions. One however, went a bit deeper into explaining everything the job required. One should be warned of the total disregard of professionalism with this company, both towards customers and employees. The job is very simple. It may take a while to learn everything but this is normal considering there are many different situations that may arise and some do not come up very often. Just demonstrate that you are willing to do the work and be quick about learning the system after you get the job. Ask a lot of questions. Make friends! This is most important as your training will suck and co-workers and supervisors will simply not tell you everything you need to know if you can't figure it out. Also, be aware that the effort you put into this job is meaningless. Some people have been there for years and ask for help on every other call. P.S. No one there really knows everything about how the system operates. There is a lot of winging it involved and a handful of workers who are indispensable because they actually know what can not be taught (custom system and unique customer relationships) so they always have final word. Make friends if you can. But don't come off to eager to do your job. There are other priorities to consider.